Christmas Dinner

A/N: HAHAHA so many people want Ayato back, okay okay I promise he'll return around the time after the auction raid and by then when I publish a new story for Reader X Haise, you'll know that from then on (Y/N) and Haise are just friends, really good friends (lol).
--
The dinner was over; it was a nice one as your mentors, Akira and Arima, came, along with Juuzou and Hanbee, two of which were your close friends; the former of which constantly asked you to join his squad, "perhaps next time," you'll say. Kuramoto and Tsume Hirata were also invited, the latter of the two, stayed even after the dinner had ended.

"Let me help you there," she offered, as you struggled to carry all the gifts that were given to you. Your team had already opened theirs and you are glad they liked them, you, however, decided to open yours privately.

"Thank you," you said gratefully, as Tsume picked up the heavier ones and the two of you went into your room.
--
An hour had passed and almost all the presents were unwrapped; you got a novel from Arima, a few leggings and a watch from Akira, a vintage-looking notebook from Tsume and a bag of sweets from Juuzou; from your team, you got a set of headphones from Urie, a pair of leather gloves from Shirazu, a dress from Mutsuki and the DS game Animal Crossing: New Leaf from Saiko.

Tsume had stopped helping you halfway to look around your room, you didn't mind since you appreciated the company more.

The last pile of presents were from Haise; most of which you already knew what they were since he bought everything that you displayed an interest in, a couple, however, were bought beforehand.

You tore though all the wrapping paper and in total got: a 3DS, a pair of shoes, a Gudetama phone case and a couple of CDs, plus a diary. You placed all the gifts aside neatly before opening the diary, the first page wrote in Haise's handwriting:

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, (Y/N)! You're a wonderful mentor and friend and I hope this diary can help you record your daily life to look back on when you're older!

Love, Haise Sasaki

You smiled subconsciously at the sweet note before standing up from your sitting position on the floor and packed away all the gifts.

"(Y/N)?" Tsume suddenly spoke up, laying on your bed, playing with a rubric cube she found on your desk.

"Yes?" You replied, placing the novel Arima gave you into your book cabinet.

"Are you and Haise seeing each other?"

You felt your face burn up and thanked God that the cabinet door was covering your face from your friend's view.

"I guess you could say that," you said calmly, but unable to completely mask the happiness in your voice.

A squeal escaped Tsume's lips and you laughed.
--
Hinami felt really bad for him. She looked at him as he sulked in his misery. The guilt felt worse when she remembered the letter she'd written to Haise. However, she didn't regret her decision in respecting Ayato's to stay away from you for your safety.