Let Me Be Selfish, Please

Tsume Hirata spotted a bloodied figure laying on the ground, her footsteps quickened when she realised who it was.

"We have a casualty!" She shouted, now running towards you, "First Class Investigator (Y/N) (L/N) is heavily wounded and in need of immediate medical attention!" She dropped to her knees beside you and gingerly lifted you up, stirring you slightly.

"Tsu...me?" You mumbled incoherently, fresh blood still pouring out from your mouth and wound.

"Yes, it's me," the Rank 2 Investigator replied, "you're gonna be okay, you hear me?" She said, a grimly serious expression on her face, her usual hyper personality had faded in the moment. "I'm not planning to bring your body to Miyako anytime soon, understood?"

You chuckled weakly, "I thought... I was higher ranking than... you," your vision faded, "I'm... going to sleep... I'm not dying... Just... Tired..."

"(Y/N)!" She shouted, running towards an ambulance which just arrived, "(Y/N)!"
--
It'd been a few days after the raid and Hinami was told that an Investigator was going to visit her. She shifted nervously in her seat, she'd seen Haise earlier but hasn't seen you yet. A sense of worry washed over her.

The door opened and you walked in, bandaged all over but smiling warmly. "Hello, Hinami."

You sat opposite her, an envelope in hand, without saying anything, you slid it across the table to her.

Hinami looked at you before looking down at the envelope, she opened it carefully and tears sprung at her eyes when she saw what was inside.

She held the photo in one hand while the other covered her mouth, quieting down her sobs. It was a picture of her mother.

You watched patiently as she looked at the photo and reminisced about her deceased parent. Hinami looked up at you and said, "thank you."

"It's no problem, Hinami," you replied, standing up from your seat, "anyways, I have to go now, I'll see you soon, Hinami."
--
You were going to set things right, once and for all. You took in a deep breath before knocking on his door. Haise opened it after a moment and his face lit up when he saw you. "Come in, (Y/N)!"

"Haise," you said seriously, sitting beside him on his bed, "I would like to be extremely selfish and say... Can we stop seeing each other?" His face dropped but yet he looked like he was expecting it sooner or later.

"Why's that, (Y/N)?" He asked meekly.

"I've given it a lot of thought, especially after what happened at the auction raid and I decided that I..." You felt your throat constrict and tears spring at your eyes when you realized how hard it was to tell him after all he's done for you.

"It's okay, (Y/N)," Haise smiled at you kindly as he took your hand in his, "I understand, I hope you find the chance to be with him soon... But may I request one thing?"

"Of course," you replied gratefully, flinching slightly when you felt your a mild pain in your wound.

"May I kiss you? On the lips, just once?" He asked shyly, a light blush on his face. You smiled before taking his face in your hands gently and leaning in towards him, Haise closed the gap and pressed his lips against yours. You felt something wet on your face as you kissed him and a pang of guilt hit you, Haise was crying.

The kiss was long and sweet, he poured all his feelings into that one simple action and savoured for as long as possible. After he'd pulled back, he chuckled at himself for crying so sillily. "I'm sorry," he choked out, he coughed and breathed deeply. "We're still friends, right?"

"The best."