Run Away

Ayato cursed under his breath as he pulled his scarf up to cover the lower half of his face, but it was too late; Haise knew who he was. He didn't want to but a part of him whispered, "don't let them off..." He felt a stabbing pain in his forehead, "... (Y/N) didn't save you all those years ago, did she?..." Fragments of his old memory flashed through his head... Being beaten up by Jason, a young you being led away (escaping) by Ayato (and leaving him behind). "She could've saved you but she didn't... So why should you save her?" The malicious voice echoed in his head and the pain only went away when he realized that it was right.
--
You and Ayato watched in shock as Haise stood frozen at the door, groans of pain suddenly escaped his lips as he gripped his hair and fell to his knees. You were so caught by the surprise that you didn't notice how protectively Ayato was holding you; his arms were hugging your body as he stayed on his kneeling position, his head rested at your neck, subconsciously protecting your throat.

"Haise?" You said shakily, "a-are you okay?"

Silence. Total silence until he stood up like nothing happened. "Yeah I'm okay, just shocked that's all... Carry on." He shut the door.
--
Mutsuki sensed something wrong after hearing the commotion outside, he heard everything and knew that something was up with Haise. He crept out of his room to see Haise retuning to his own, holding his phone in his hand. Mutsuki walked over quietly to the door and pressed his ear against it; he could hear Haise talking to someone... On the phone?

"It's confirmed... Yes he's SS Black Rabbit... From the auction... Aogiri Tree... How long until you arrive... Twenty minutes... Fast... (Y/N)?... Of course... I understand... I hope she doesn't resist... Both SS... Traitor..."

Mutsuki scrambled to your room, eyes still wide open in shock. Why would Haise do such a thing?
--
Once Haise left, Ayato got up slowly, eyes still staring intently with the door; as he stood, his arms carefully slipped away from your body but his stance was tense, ready to protect your vital areas with his own body as he once did before. He walked over to your desk and put on his mask, "I guess I'll have to go now, thanks to that cock-blocker..."

The door swung open and Ayato very swiftly made his way to you and held you the way he did before, arms around your waist to protect your organs, neck beside your chest to protect your heart and head against your neck to protect your throat. He was about to go on the offensive when you stopped him.

"Mutsuki?"

"(Y/N)," your teammate rushed towards you, completely ignoring Ayato's presence, "you have to leave. I think Haise just reported you to the CCG and they're coming in less than half an hour."
--
Within five minutes, you'd packed all you needed; some clothes, your phone, box of treasured items and a Quinque dagger which was given to you a while ago, by who? You'd forgotten.

"If it's not true," Mutsuki said, "I'll message you and you can come back," he sounded hopeful, "but if it is, I won't try to communicate with you through mobile, in case the CCG's tapped our phones by then..."

"Thank you, Tooru," you said gratefully as you kissed his forehead, "I'll miss you..."

"Goodbye," he replied, tears dotting his eyes, "I'll miss you, too-"

The sound of doors being kicked down came from outside, "go!" Mutsuki whispered urgently, Ayato gave him a nod before carrying you on his back and leaping out of the window.
--
Mutsuki took one last look at you before running out of the room, "they've escaped!" He yelled, hoping his facade could fool them well, he didn't want to get in trouble, because unlike you, he had no one else to protect him.