can we be friends?

[ Rain POV ]

I couldn't believe that tomo was a dark angel. Suddenly she turned around and looked at me then everything stopped. She was back in her school uniform and she grabbed her back. I was expecting her to run away but she got really close to me looking me in the eyes. "Why...are you always following me around? Its like your trying to pester me.." With that she walked away not turning back. I looked around and started walking home.

************

Today was Friday so I had to talk to tomo and apologize. "What's wrong? You look like your dazed." Haru poked my cheek looking at me. "I'm just thinking about something." "Oh alright." Before class started I saw tomo in the hallway getting bullied again. I got up and ran out of the class room and stood in front of tomo so nothing would happen to her. "Come on guys cut the crap already. If you don't like her why keep bothering her? She hasn't done anything to you so-" I stepped toward them glaring at them. "So just leave her alone. If this keeps happening I'll be sure to take care of it."

The girls looked at me then they glared and walked away. "U-um..." I looked at tomo and saw she was crying alittle. For once her face looked different, she didn't have that glaring look. Her eyes looked more relaxed and they were kinda cute. She wiped her eyes and looked up at me. "I'm...r-really sorry...I'm not who you think I am...I know that I'm always mean and I glare at people a lot, that's why I get bullied...but I don't try to be mean to anyone...and people always see me as mean when...I'm really not...I can't really talk to people because they won't like me...so I never show my true self..and I know that you know my secret.."

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone because I have a secret as well...you are just like me but different.. I'm actually kind of shy sometimes but I can talk to people and I'm not popular. And people don't really notice me. But don't let those people get to you, they don't know anything. All they know is how many times they can hurt someone. I know what you are...I am too but I'm not a dark angel. But that's okay because I still want to be your friend." I smiled and looked at her.

"Y-yes of course we can." She had the cutest smile that made me blush. I was shocked she wanted to be friends with me, but I was happy at the same time. "Thank you...rain for everything." She smiled and hugged me. "Your welcome tomo."