Chapter 10 - Passing Days

I stood in front of her grave as I cried.

Raine Lucy Fury

A Beloved Sister

Steve walked towards me as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him, made a weak smile, and looked back at the grave.

"Are you ready to leave?", he asked.

"Yeah," I replied softly as I placed my hand on the small wound on my arm wrapped with bandages.

With his hand on my shoulder, Steve lead me to his car as he drove me to my apartment.

--

"If you need anything, just call me...", Steve said with a little sad look on his face as he looked at me with his usual bright smile.

"I will. Thanks for taking me to the graveyard," I spoke with a weak smile.

"No problem. Well, have a good day, okay?", Steve said as he left in his car.

I exhaled as I walked into my apartment.

Inside, I plopped myself down onto my bed and looked at the ceiling.

"Raine....thank you....for always being there for me in the past....I knew...you could never get over the fact that Mom left Dad. You loved Mom so much you never forgave Dad for fighting on a small matter. I knew you never changed. That's why you didn't kill me with that gun in your hand. You hesitated to shoot me. You chose to let me live by missing your shot and chose to remove yourself from your suffering heart by giving up your life. I would never do that myself and have that kind of courage you had. But I understand why you did that. 

You didn't want to hate me anymore.

You couldn't control yourself anymore.

You wanted to have a new beginning.

So, you want me to continue living in this world while you are living in the world you are in now.

I understand now. So...

Thank you..Raine."

--

A YEAR LATER

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!", Tony yelled with disbelief.

"YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED?!?!!?!?!", everyone yelled with surprise.

I raised my left hand and show the ring as it glistened in the light.

I made a bright smile.

Everyone ran up to me and made a group hug as we all smiled and laughed.

"OMG! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!", everyone cheered in the Hellicarrier as we had a little party.

Thor went up to Steve who was smiling at me and clapped his hand on his shoulder. "Well done, lad. You got a good girl."

"I'm really glad I met a girl like her," Steve replied with a proud smile.

I caught his glance at me as he smiled at me with a nod as I did the same.

Suddenly, everyone beside me appeared in front of me trying to see my ring.

"LET ME SEE THE ROCK!!!! OH MY GOSH!! IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!", everyone yelled.

With my reaction, I could hear the guys laughing at me from the background.

I laughed as well.

I should continue living....for Raine....for S.H.I.E.L.D.......for my Father.....and for the Avengers...for now....tomorrow.....and forever...

...until the day I die with everyone in this room.....

*To be continued...*