Dreamer

Chapter 1 

Meet Zoey

"Help!" I cried hanging on to roots of a nearby tree for dear life. "Help! Anybody! Hello! Help!" I was dangling off a clift in the middle of nowhere, crying for help wouldn't help, but what else could I do? "Help! Can anybody hear me? Help!" I remember running past a few hikers before I tripped on a root and ended up here but that was a mile back. This was it. I couldn't hold on anymore. The fall had to be at least a thousand feet. Hopefully death would come quick. I let go. I felt like I was falling forever. The wind coming at me 100 miles per hour, I saw a shadow above me.

With the sun directly in my eyes and my hair whipping every where, I couldn't quite tell what it was. All I could tell was it was getting closer. I closed my eyes feeling I was getting closer to hitting the ground and the next thing I knew I stopped falling. I didn't hit the ground. I know I didn't. I opened my eyes to see I was going up! I looked up to see the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen. He had jet black hair and deep blue eyes. His skin was pale white and he, he was flying! Carrying me up, saving my life. As soon as we landed it looked like he was trying to say something but I couldn't hear anything, and I blacked out.

"Zoey!" my mom yelled from the bottom of the staircase. "Time to get up its 6:30. Don't fall back asleep because if you miss the bus I'm not bringing you to school"

I sat up and stretched. I really didn't want to go to school but I knew I had no choice. I got out of bed and headed downstairs. Mom was watching the news and my brother Ian was sitting at the table eating some of his favorite cereal. I opened the freezer, got my waffles and popped some in the toaster. "Dress warm today," mom said, "its going to  be another cold winter day." She turned off the tv and started packing our lunches. I scarfed down my waffles and headed upstairs.

I took one look at myself in my mirror. Man could I use a shower. My long honey blonde curls were matted down to my head on one side from sleeping on them, an on the other side my hair was super frizzy. My ocean blue eyes had large purple bags under them and my slightly freckled cheeks had red marks from my pillow. My skin looked its usual pale white. My skin color annoys me because I live in California and everyone here has a tan but for some reason I don't get any color. I ran a brush through my hair as I grabbed some warm clothes, like my mom suggested, and headed to the bathroom to shower.

Water always relaxes me. I don't know why but it always has. I feel my best when surrounded by water. Feeling revitalized I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a towel just as Ian knocked on the door.

"Hurry up in there! Save some water for the fishes, would ya?" Ian joked. 

Ian was you're typical big brother. You know, the kind who think they can do whatever they want whenever they want and mess with everyone on the way? Yeah that kind. He messes with me everyday of my life but I know if I need help, he's got my back.

I got dressed and towel dried my hair. Opening the door I pushed Ian out of the way and headed to my room. My room explained me. It is the perfect image of who I am. The walls are painted a light blue with little patterns resembling water, again because water soothes me. I had posters of my favorite bands, singers, and actors on my walls. My bed was a full size with a matching blue bed set scattered about. My dresser was a mess with my makeup and hair supplies everywhere. I must clean my room before mom grounds me for life. I thought to myself. 

Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I ran downstairs, grabbed my lunch and headed out to the bus stop.

"Zoey, hey. Happy Monday." I didn't even have to turn around to know who that was. Laura walked in front of me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back. Laura was my best friend for as long as I can remember, so I can easily tell her enthusiastic voice over anyone.

"Hey," I said, not so happy that its Monday. "don't you look nice today." it wasn't a question but she smiled and answered anyway striking a quick pose. "Why yes I do." She was wearing a purple skirt with black leggings and her favorite purple boots. Her shirt was blue and purple stripes diagnal, and she was wearing her straight bleach blonde hair down with her signature hairband with a purple flower on it. 

She was very pretty and she knew it. Everyone knew it. So she was allowed to be cocky. "And you, my good friend, look gorgeous as usual." I looked down at myself thinking 'oh please', for I was wearing gray skinny jeans, white tee-shirt tye dyed blue, gray Ugg boots, and a blue zip up jacket. My hair was still wet so I had just put it in a ponytail before I left, and I was running late so I didn't have time for makeup.

"Thanks girlie." I said trying to hide the sarcasm. Just then my brother came running out of the house just in time for the bus to pull up and take us to what I liked to call 'hell on earth' We stepped on the bus full of overly tired teenagers and grabbed a seat near the back.

I lived pretty close to the school so the busride wasn't very long. The bus stopped at its last two stops and headed for school.

Followed by Laura and Ian I stepped off the bus and headed inside careful not to slip on any ice that was on the sidewalk. After that dream, tripping didn't seem like a good idea. We got inside and Ian split heading for his locker and met up with some of his friends. Laura and I headed torwards our lockers and Laura caught sight of her boyfriend who motioned her over. "Hey I'm gonna go with Jason, see you 3rd period." Laura exclaimed, and ran off. "Okay! "I yelled after her and headed by myself to my locker.

Throwing my bag in my locker I grabbed my books I'd need for the first 3 periods and headed to the first class of the morning, English. I walked into class just as the first bell rang stating there was 3 minutes till class started. Mrs. J was sitting at her desk organizing the test we are gonna have today. I looked to the back of the room just in time to see my friends Kayla, Olivia, and Raven running to me nearly tackling me with hugs. The daily ritual.

"Hey Zoe, you look happy today." Raven kidded.

"Yeah Zoe. you got major baggage under your eyes" Olivia added. Kayla just nodded in agreement. She usually doens't talk too much, but when she does, shes super nice and funny.

The late bell rang and everyone took their seats. Mrs. J called Kayla up to her desk. She said a few things to her and Kayla took off. Mrs. J stood in front of the class. "Excuse me." she said and everyone quited down. "We will be having a new student join us today. I just sent Kayla to get him from the office, show him his locker and where all his classes are. They will b-" Mrs. J was cut off by someone wispering in the back of the classroom. "Jason, do you have anything you'd like to share with the class?" Mrs. Jay asked annoyed. "No ma'am" Jason replied and quieted. 

"As I was saying, they will be returning here as soon as they are done and I ask that you be nice and if you see him in the hallways, point him in the right direction." As if it was planned Kayla walked in the room as soon as Mrs. J was done talking, followed by who I assumed was the new student. I didn't bother looking up because I was studdying last minute for the test that was coming.

Mrs. J motioned for Kayla to go back to her seat and for the new kid to move to the front of the classroom. "Whats your name sweetie?" Mrs. J asked the kid. "Alec." he answered. his voice was almost musical. I put away my books to find out just what this kid looked like. I took a good look at the kid. He was strangely farmiliar. His eyes met mine and it hit me, and as soon as it hit me I blacked out.