chapter 5

• Věnováno Jordan Mato

"Okay the kitchen is downstairs to the left if you get hungry and the bathroom is down the hall second door on the right." I informed Alec and he nodded in response. We got to the end of the hall where my room was. "Um. You can sleep on my bed. I'll take the floor. Since ya know, you're the guest." I said as we walked into my room. 

"No its your bed, I got the floor." he responded

"Okay." I took one of the blankets and 2 pillows off my bed and set up a place for him to sleep. He went to get some clothes to sleep in from Ian while I got in my pjs. I fixed my hair and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up.

I came back in my room to find Alec sitting on my bed. He looked so cute. He was wearing Ian's "BITE ME" shirt that had a picture of bubble gum on it and his scooby doo pajama pants. I sat down next to him and grabbed his hand. He turned his head to look at me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alec's POV:

She grabbed my hand and I looked at her. Even as tired as she looked, she really was beautiful. Her beautiful curly blonde hair was pulled back in a messy bun showing off her ocean blue eyes. She was wearing a large graphic tee with plaid pajama pants and bunny slippers. She leaned her head on my shoulder still looking up at me and I kissed her forehead. 

I met eyes with her. "Gosh hes so cute" she thought. I just smiled. I have the power that when I am near someone I can read their mind. Its my special power. "I wish he'd kiss me again. I don't want to do it incase he just made a mistake earlier. Does he like me?" she had a million thoughts going through her head. Every one about me. 

I gently lifted her chin up and kissed her. I really did like her. I don't know what it is but theres something about her thats different than every other girl I have ever met. She's unique.

I pulled away and kissed her forehead again. "Time for bed." I said. I saw the sadness in her eyes. She didn't want to go to bed. "He's right I guess. Jeez my legs hurt from running so much." I chuckled. 

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"Nothing. Goodnight." I replied and got into my little bed she made for me on the floor.

I laid there listening to her thoughts until they eventually stopped and she was sleeping.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Zoeys POV:

We were walking hand in hand on the way to the beach. It was cold out so we would be the only ones there. It would be perfect for Alec and I to get some alone time, which would be perfect for him to train me to defend myself against the buzzots. Alec had informed me earlier that with my affinity for water I can control it.

"You gotta want it." Alec said calmly. "Just focus on nothing but the water and what you want it to do." Alec had told me to try to do the simplest thing there was in controlling the water and that was just picking it up and moving it.

I was standing waist high in the water. I did as I was told. I emptied my brain and concentrated on nothing but moving the water. I closed my eyes and pictured it in my head. I opened my eyes to see that I had done it! I had a ball of water floating in the air. 

"I did it, I did it!" I yelled excitedly. 

"Good now move it. Don't lose concentration or you'll dr-" he started but listening to him I lost concentration and dropped it. "Tell you what, you succeed in this and I will give you a big kiss." he said with a cocky smile that lit up the night sky. With that in mind, I tried again.

I let everything fade from my mind. Well mostly everything. I kinda didn't let kissing him fade. I concentrated on the water and next thing I knew I had the water moving. Trying to be a show off I threw it at Alec who was just standing on the shore. I guess he didn't see it coming because I soaked him.

I could hear him screaming my name and he started running towards me arms open to give me a hug. Man he was hott when he was wet. He reached me and gave me a big spinning hug and pulled back just enough to be face to face and he kissed me.

I swear this boy is a god. The kiss was deep, full of lust and unspoken feelings. He pulled back suddonly and looked around in amazement. I looked at what he was looking at and I couldn't believe it!

"How are you doing that?" he asked in awe.

"I-I don't know. I was just caught in the moment and feelings were rushing through me and the water surrounded us. I-I just did it." 

Apparently with all the emotion running through me I had made the water build walls around us. We were in a complete dome of water. you could see the fish swimming in the walls. It was stunningly beautiful. Alec looked at me and smiled. I returned it.

"Zoey?" Alec asked with a touch of embarrassment in his voice.

"Yeah?" I responded breathless.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked as if he was afraid I would say no.

"Are you kidding! Of course!" I responded without hesitation.

He smiled big. "Gonna let us out of this dome?" he asked.

"No I was thinking about keeping you here with me forever." I kidded and dropped the dome.

"Well, my Girlfriend," he emphasized the word "I think you have enough training for tonight. What do you say we go sit on shore?"

"I say that is a brilliant idea young chap." I did in my very bad British accent. He smiled and put his arm around me resting his hand on my hip.

We sat on the rocky shore for quite a bit staring up at the moon like we did the first time we kissed. Omg I can't believe he asked me out. I thought to myself with a smile across my face.

"Today was just day 1 of your training Zoey." Alec said breaking the silence. "There is a lot that comes with water affinities." he paused "Your dad had a water affinity." he said in a rush. "He died saving you and your family when you were only 9 months old. The buzzots found you guys in your home in Michigan. Your father led them away to the great lakes and drowned them. But he got bit in the process. The venom in a bite from one of the buzzots is killer." he said obviously trying to not upset me. He thought I deserved to know what really happened to my father.

"Mom told me he was a fireman. That he died in a fire." I said holding back the tears of the father I never knew.

"Your mom moved you guys away. Kept the secret of what you are away from you at an attempt to keep you safe. Your father was a good man." he said.

I looked up at him. "Why are you just randomly telling me this?" I asked.

"Well he was your father. You deserve to know what really happened to him."

"Tell me another time," I said "Don't ruin this moment with something sad. He smiled down at me.

"Time to get home." he said jumping up and offering me a hand for help up.

"Okay." I said taking his hand. He picked me up as if I were a baby and we flew home.