chapter 6

• Dedicated to Jordan Mato

"Why have you wasted your time hunting our kind down all these years anyway?" I yelled.

"BECAUSE YOUR RACE IS NASTY AND UN NATURAL." The leader of the buzzots spat back.

"Oh yeah because you guys are nothing but natural." I said not hiding the hate in my voice.

"OUR KIND WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO WALK THIS PLANET. YOU FILTHY CREATURES ARE WEAK AND WORTHLESS. YOU WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO ATTACK OUR KIND THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO. KILLED OUR RULER. YOUR RACE WILL NEVER LIVE IT DOWN AND WE WONT BE HAPPY UNTIL YOUR KIND IS EXTINCT." the leader said in a booming voice.

I tried to kick him but being chained by my hands and feet I couldn't do very much. I glanced over at Alec, Ian and Kayla. Poor Kayla. She was a strong one but she looked scared out of her mind. We were all chained to the walls of the cave.

The leader was ugly. All of them were. They were giant wolf type creatures. Their fur was full of dirt and bugs and their teeth were yellow. No wonder they got their panties in a twist, I Joked in my head, They look like they haven't showered in century's 

Alec smirked. I swear he can read my mind. No doubt about it.

"YOU FIND SOMETHING FUNNY BOY?" the leader boomed.

"Yes actually I do." Alec responded.

"WELL SEE ABOUT THAT." the leader boomed and faced one of the buzzots behind him. "SICK HIM." the leader commanded and the buzzot did as told.

"Alec!" I screamed as the buzzot lunged at Alec, right for his neck.

I woke up screaming and Alec jumped up off his bed on the floor and stood in a fighting stance looking around as Ian bursted into the room to see why I was screaming. I jumped off my bed and gave Alec a big hug. 

''It was just a dream.'' I said in a broken voice over and over again.

Alec rapped his hands around me in a hug and looked over at Ian, worry in both of their faces.

*********

Alecs POV:

"Alec!" Zoey screamed

I jumped up into a fighting stance and looked around. I didn't see anything that could make her scream. Just then Ian burst in the room I guess to see why she was screaming. She jumped off her bed and ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"It was just a dream. It was just a dream." she repeated many times in a shaky voice. I looked over at Ian who was looking at me. I read his mind. We were sharing the same thought. We need to know what her dream was. She most definitely had to be like the Sylvest girl whose dreams told the future

"Zoey." I held in front of me and wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"I'm sorry to wake you guys. It was just a bad dream. A really bad dream." she replied and sniffled.

"Zoey we need you to tell us what your dream was." I said trying to be nice as possible. She looked at me.

"Wh-why?" she stuttered 

"Zoe, we think your dreams are visions of the future. We need you to tell us your dream. Especially since it made you scream like that." Ian said calmly. Horror filled her eyes.

"That makes sense." she said in a flat voice. "I had a dream last week and it came true."

"What dream was that?" Ian asked calmly. She looked from me to Ian and back to me.

"I had a dream I was hanging off a clift and couldn't hang on anymore so I let go and was about to hit the ground when" she paused "when Alec saved my life. Only when I had the dream I didn't know Alec."

Ian looked at me asking with his eyes if it really happened and I nodded yes.

"Zoey, we really need you to tell us your dream." I said with concern. She looked at me for a while.

"Okay." she said. "Well it started as us, me, you, Ian, and Kayla. We were chained to a wall. The leader of the buzzots and a few other of them were talking explaining why they were hunting us down." she paused. "Alec giggled out of nowhere and talked back to the leader and the leader ordered one of the buzzots to "sick him" and he lunged at Alecs neck. I screamed your name and woke up before he actually made contact." she finished.

It was quiet for a while.

"I'm gonna die?" I asked. I wasn't really asking anyone but Zoey broke down in tears and answered.

"I-I don't kn-know for sure." she cried. "I'm so so-sorry." I hugged her and Ian came over to help comfort her. "Can't we just avoid a situation where all four of us are together at the same time?" she asked desperately. "Maybe I was given these dream visions so I can change fate change the future." You could tell she was looking for a way out of what she dreamt.

"Its worth a shot." Ian said. He kissed Zoey on the forehead and walked out of the room.

"Okay try to get some sleep, with out bad dreams." I said and kissed her forehead. I got up and was about to lay back down when she spoke again.

"Um," she paused unsure. "can you sleep up here with me?" she asked softly.

"Sure." I said and grabbed the pillows and blanket off the floor. She laid down and I laid down next to her putting my arm under her head. I listened to her thoughts until she was asleep again.

I woke in the morning to Zoey shifting to face me, still asleep. I didn't wanna leave her here alone but I was really hungry. Gently as possible I got up careful not to disturb her. Rush downstairs and get a quick breakfast and come back up before she wakes up. I thought to myself.

I ran downstairs and into the kitchen to find Mrs. Craft.

"Good morning, Alec." she said flipping pancakes.

"Good morning, Mrs. Craft." I said "Can I steal a few pancakes?"

"Be my guest." she said with a smile.

I grabbed some pancakes and ran back upstairs to find Zoey sitting up on her bed half asleep still.

"Morning sunshine," I said with a smile and she smiled back "Pancake?" I asked holding up a pancake to her. 

"Sure." she said with a smile reaching for the pancake. "Hey, thanks for sleeping up here with me last night." she said sheepishly.

I smiled and walked over to sit next to her. I kissed her on her forehead and said "Anything for you." She smiled big and wrapped her arms around me in an embrace. Hes so amazing.. I.. I think I love him. I heard her think. I smiled. I love her. I do. And I was gonna be the one to say it first. Girls love that so I've heard.

"I love you, Zoey." I said not so nervous because I knew how she felt about me. "I love you and thats why I would do anything for you. She looked up at me and smiled. Her blue eyes reflecting the sunlight perfectly.

"I love you too." She said with excitement and happiness in her voice.