chapter 9

• Dedicated to Jordan Mato

We jumped up and into fighting stance. Alec spread his wings out wide and jumped in the air. I made a ball out of water and held it at the ready. We waited for the attack but nothing happened. No more rustling or anything. Weird. 

After a while Alec landed and I dropped my water. We stood there still on gaurd but nothing happened. A few seconds later we heard another rustling and Kayla and Ian stepped outa the woods laughing.

"Shit guys, you scared the crap outta us!" Alec shouted angrily.

I stared at Kayla, Ian and Alec in horror. "Gu-guys, what the heck are you doing here?" I shouted furiously and scared "We can't be in the same place guys do you remember my dream?!" 

Kayla and Ian exchanged looks and walked toward us. "Jeez, learn to take a joke." Kayla said. 

"Guys go away! You're dangering us all!" I yelled at them and walked over to Alec. As if he read my mind (don't know how he does that) he spread his wings and picked me up and flew off over the ocean.

"Ugh. I can't believe them. Are they trying to get you killed?" I said not really expecting an answer but I got one anyway.

"You don't know that I actually got killed." He said "All you know is I mouthed off and a buzzot lunged at me. You woke up before you saw the outcome."

"Yeah good thing too. I couldn't bare see that." It was silent for a bit till we reached a small and what looked like abandoned island. It was kinda cute actually. 

We landed and Alec gently put me down.

Alecs POV:

I put her down and she started walking along the edge of the small island. It was about the size of a foot ball field only rounder.  She made her way over to some rocks just off the shore and sat on the tallest one. I flew over and joined her.

The sun was starting to set and it hit the water perfectly. The water reflected in her eyes letting the blue show more than ever. She was beautiful. I put my arm around her and she rested her head on my shoulder looking out at the water.

I could hear her thoughts. She was worried about me.

It was quiet for a while. Just as the moon started rising she spoke up. "I love you Alec. I can't believe they risked my dream coming true for a stupid joke which was not at all funny." 

I looked at her and smiled. "I love you too. And honestly, I was ready to do anything I needed to protect you from what I thought was in those woods."

She smiled and reading her mind I already knew what she was gonna say. "I'm trained now I think I can do a pretty good job protecting myself." She was so stubborn. I loved that about her.

After a while she randomly stood up and dived into the water. She didn't come back up and a good 10 min passed so I decided to go in after her thinking maybe it was her goal.

I folded up my wings tightly and jumped in. The cold water hit me sending chills up my body. I took a deep breath and went under. (I am able to hold my breath for a good 10 min at a time giving my structure) soon as I was fully submerged I unfolded my wings so I could swim faster. It was dark under water but my eye sight is better than humans so I could see just enough.

I looked around for a good 5 minutes and finally found Zoey. She pointed up and started swimming. we were a good 30 feet under water. We broke surface and she swam torwards me smiling.

"Felt like taking a dip?" I asked as she approached me putting her arms around me. I wasn't the strongest swimmer so she had to hold me up a little when she put her arms around me. She didn't answer me she just smiled.

"Did I ever tell you that you look like an angel?" she finally said after silence. "Especially now. The way the moon is hitting your hair and the waters reflection off your eyes. You're gorgeous " I only smiled because really, I knew she thought that because well I read her mind.

She swam and I flew back to the shore. We dried off and sat down for a few hours extanging hugs and kisses every now and then. When we were all dry I picked her up and we started flying for home. 

When we got back we figured it was about 1 in the morning. The house was dark and Ian and Zoeys mom were asleep. We snuck upstairs careful not to wake anyone. I waited outside Zoeys door while she changed then she did the same while I changed. We were all set for bed. Laying down I pulled the covers over us and we were asleep.

Another week went by. We ran into some buzzots every once in a while but managed to get away. We continued Zoeys training and may I say, shes good. We've been making sure that besides at school, Zoey, Kayla, Ian, and I stay as far away from eachother as possible. Another one of Zoeys dreams came true but it was only a small one. It did no harm. Were just waiting for her last one about us to come true...

Zoeys 16th birthday was today. Her party was tomorrow. It was a saturday so I decided to take Zoey on an all day picnic at the island we had found a week earlier. We liked to call it our get away island.

Zoeys POV:

I woke up to see my room packed with my mom, Ian and Alec all standing around my bed with a blue frosting cake that had 16 blue candles on it. It wasn't a big cake but that was because there wasn't many of us. 

"Happy birthday Zoey!" they all said in union. I smiled still half asleep and sat up. I made a wish in my head I wish Alec and I live happily ever after... like those totally bullshit disney princess movies and  Alec smiled and winked at me.. I swear he can read my mind. Well anyway that thought aside I blew out the candles in one shot. My mom smiled.

"My baby is finally 16" She said looking as if she was holding back tears.

"Happy birthday  Zoey." Alec said again and kissed me on my nose. "Your mom wants to talk some last minute party plans and then I got a day full of you and me time planned out for us." He gave me another kiss on the nose and walked out of the room followed by Ian.

"Take your time getting dressed and showered sweetie. We won't start eating with out you. Happy birthday." She said with a kiss on my head and walked out of my room closing the door behind her.

After wiping my tiredness out of my eyes for a good 5 minutes I got up brushed my hair grabbed a blue tank top with purple vine patterns and white shorts. Knowing Alec I'd be going swimming so I wore something that would dry easily. I grabbed some blue flip flops and headded to shower.

After my shower I got dressed made my hair look all cute and walked back to my room to hang up my towel and put on just a little makeup. I opened my door to see Alec sitting on my bed waiting for me. He got up and we walked to each other meeting in the middle of my room. He stood there staring at me as if he was trying to get in my head or something. 

After a few moments of staring he wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace and kissed me. It was gentle at first. Very sweet. Then a few more moments passed and he deepened the kiss. He asked for enterance and I let him in. It was full of passion and longing. I had so much going through my head but everything seemed to fade but Alec and this kiss.

His hand slid down my back a little at a time and it rested right at the bottom of my lower back and he pulled me closer to the point where you couldn't fit anything between us. After a few minutes we pulled away for air. I had almost forgot to breathe. I put my head down on his shoulder and he did the same with mine. We just stood there breathing deeply for a minute or two.

We straightened up. He winked at me. "Theres a bit of a sneak preview of our day." He said. I just smiled and he left me to finish getting ready.

***********************************************************************************************

You guys are awesome!! I broke 300 reads so here you guys go!! I decided to save their date for the next chapter since its late and I'm tired but thanks guys!! Vote! Comment! Fan! I would like to say thankyou to my friend MikaylaCorinne for the shout out in her story Little Red Riding Hoods Grand Daughter!! Read it and her story Planet of Angels!! theyre really good trust me!!! kay thanks bye!!