Luke

-July 7, 2005-

It was Ashton's birthday today. I didn't know who this Ashton person was, but all I knew was that he was a voice in my head. Ashton was 11 years old and I considered him to be my best friend even though I had never met him, and never will met the voice in my head.

I was almost 10 when the voices began. They were only there for about a week, am I already knew these voices like they were the back of my own hand. I never really told anyone about these voices, since I knew it was just some type of phase I was going through. It was the phase of a nine year old boy with his imaginary friends, and the only reason he had these friends was because he never had anyone in the real world.

Kids at school began to call me crazy for talking to myself in classes. I wasn't crazy at all. I was just as sane as every other stupid nine year old in that class.

"Luke," my mom, Liz, would say to me. "is there something we need to talk about?" I'd smile back and shake my head, since that's what Ashton told me to do.

"There's nothing to talk about, mom." I say trying to mimic Ashton's voice. "There's nothing to talk about." I have her a toothy grin and ran to my bedroom.

--

I lie there on my stomach with my toy sets out in front of me. I moved the small train back and forth on it little wooden tracks that I had put together, only to look up and see a boy sitting in front of me.

It was then that I heard my two older brothers barreling up the creaky wooden steps of the house, and the boy disappeared.

"Wait, come back!" I screamed. "Ashton come back."

"Mom!" Ben yelled. "Crazy's talking to himself again!"

"Don't call your brother crazy!" Their mother yelled back from downstairs.

That's when the boy appeared again. Brown hair, hazel green eyes, tan skin, and fringe. "Hello." The boy said smiling at me.

I smiled back and replied with a, "hey."

"I'm Ashton." He reached his hand out to shake mine.

"I'm-" I stared to say.

"You're Luke. I know who you are." Ashton interpreted.

"How?"

"I'm the voice in your head." Ashton smiled. "I'm your friend."

"Well, hello friend."

Note: Hehe, so I posted this early cause I had some it already typed out and done so I thought instead it haunting me until January 2 let me just post it.

But there is a disclaimer, I'm not going to post the next part until habits cause I had a few other things to finish.

Also I'm sorry that this was short, but tell me if you like it.

If you're wondering Ashton in Luke's mind is way different than real person Ashton.

Well until he next update,

All the love- H