4 - the brady brunch

Is there really anything better than a lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two. Yeah right, we Upper East Siders don't do lazy. Breakfast is brunch, and it comes with champagne, a dress code, and 100 of our closest friends and enemies.

++++++++

A hearty laugh escapes Holden's lips as he passes the joint to the pretty, thin girl draped across his lap.

She grasps it between her dainty fingers and he watches her plump pink lips pucker as she takes a hit. She stares at him as she blows out the smoke, a sensual look in her eyes, and he smiles, shaking his head. She smiles back, and when she's done she passes the blunt to Jake.

He thanks her and wraps his arm around the other girl who sits beside him.

What was her name again?

Neither could remember.

Holden was not preparing for the brunch that would be taking place downstairs in less than 2 hours. Instead, he had just screwed 2 beautiful girls, and invited his best friend over to smoke some weed.

He had invited Jake over a little earlier, to assist him in his endeavors with the lovely young women, but to his surprise, Jake declined.

He would not cheat on Lydia. Not again, anyway.

Most of the time, Holden doesn't even know the status of Lydia and Jake's relationship. They seemed like the Upper East Side's young Brangelina, but he was so close to the both of them, he could clearly see the damage.

He allowed the girls to stay, but only for the blunt. Afterwards, he'd get showered, dressed, and head downstairs.

Holden doesn't get high nearly as much as Jake--he was more of a scotch or whiskey guy--but he thought maybe it'd help him get through the brunch.

The Annabelle was the newest hotel owned by the Frasier's, and his father and uncle wanted to have a brunch to showcase its 1 year success.

To his family, it was a big deal. But Holden, after almost 18 years, didn't care about brunches or balls or much of anything anymore.

He did, however, have more ambition than Jake, who's top priorities were always sex and drugs.

"Lydia isn't going to like this," Holden chuckles.

Jake shrugs. He knows Lydia doesn't like when he smokes. And she certainly wouldn't appreciate him hanging around half naked girls.

"She doesn't have to know," he replies with a laugh.

Suddenly the elevator dings, and strolling out into the suite comes a handsome young man in a suit.

Holden tenses at the sight of him, and stands quickly, pushing the girl off him and onto the couch. His blood begins to boil, and his jaw clenches, though the person has yet to say anything.

He takes a few steps in, examining the scene before him with a smirk.

"Hello, cousin," he greets.

"Girls, you can go," Holden dismisses them sternly.

The girls slowly stand up and stretch, angering Holden who wants them gone immediately.