A Brief Reunion

A/N: So sorry, not edited yet!

"Now," Vaughn said. "Come and dine with me. I have a dress for you to wear instead of those rags."

I scrunched my face up, but followed him. I saw the two burly guards that appeared behind him from the shadows and I knew they wouldn't be easy to take down. Not like the boy I sent running.

Clenching my hands into fists, I tilted my head proudly and stomped past Vaughn. He led me through tunnels and paths until we reached a marvellous set of double mahogany doors. He swung them open and I was met with a magnificent sight.

The room was massive and had a long lacquered table with two places set; one at the head, one beside it, where you would imagine a king and queen would sit. The curtains were drawn over large windows, and the red velvet cast a glow where the low light hit it. A crystal chandelier hung low in the very centre of the room, and its thousands of gems sparkled and danced.

The whole room was very elegant, and I didn't fit with my tattered clothing.

"Here," Vaughn threw an elegant dress at me and pointed towards another room, "Go change."

I complied and tiptoed to the room where I found a neat bed and a bedside lamp. I peeled off the sticky clothing and stepped into the dress. A full length mirror stood beside the door and I looked at my reflection, gasping.

The dress was beautiful. A deep green that reminded me of the grass sparkled with tiny crystals attached in the folds at the bottom. The bodice was tight and had one strap. It had a ribbon for a belt and flowed down to my feet. I wound my hair up into a bun at the top of my head and smiled. I looked like royalty.

Then I remembered who I was dressing up for.

I sighed and exited the room, reluctant to tear my eyes away from the gorgeous dress. I spotted a pair of silver flats at the opening and slipped off my ruined ones to put these on.

"You look beautiful, darling." I flinched when he called me darling. I didn't like it at all.

"Have a seat." Vaughn gestured to the chair beside him and I sat down warily. "The food will be out in a minute."

Sure enough, two women in white coats and high heels came out with platters of food. The set them down on the table, leaning seductively over Vaughn and showing them the fact that weren't wearing anything beneath the coats.

I grimaced; I really didn't need to see that. "So they must be your play things then." I said when they were gone.

"Yes, we have fun. But enough of that, let's eat and discuss why you're here." He flipped a lid over one of the trays to reveal two juicy steaks and the other opened to stir fried vegetables. The last two trays carried some kind of potato and salad.

He watched, amuse as I piled food onto my plate. I knew enough from those T.V. shows to know that when an abductor offers you food, you take it and eat as much as you can.

I shovelled bite after bite of potato and vegetables in my mouth and chewed my steak which had been cooked to perfection. I was so hungry I would've eaten poison had he laid it in front of me.

"You should be hungry; you've been stuck in the cell for four days straight."

I paused, my fork halfway to my mouth. Four days? That gave me five more to choose before the full moon, that is, if I ever got out of this blasted place.

The time had gone by so face. Four days had seemed liked one; one week had seemed like two days. I spent the better part of a couple in the hospital after my blackout.