In The End

After the whole ‘squabble’ with Vaughn, Seth fell into a coma. I always thought that I’d been partially to blame for him being in a coma, but Archer helped me through everything. He was a huge help to me and he stayed with me until the very end.

Now, I sit here writing this, and I think it’s going to be the last entry in this little journal I’ve kept. I couldn’t have asked for anything better – even though it took a long time and I went through so much just to get to this point.

After Seth was shot, other members of the pack came and helped him get back to the pack house, and Vaughn and Archer fought. It was long and hard, but in the end, Archer came out on top on killed Vaughn.

I sometimes look back on Vaughn and think about him and Lydia. I feel so awful for him and what he must’ve gone through, but in reality, he turned himself into the kind of man no one wanted to be. He was like Shylock, the Jewish usurer in the Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare. On one hand, you want to feel sorry for him; Shylock’s daughter has disowned herself and stolen his money to run away with a Christian man. On the other hand, you love to hate him because he’s threatened to kill Antonio if Antonio doesn’t repay what he owes him. He’s also decided he’d rather have his money back and his daughter dead.

Vaughn was that man who you felt both sorrow and hate for – you could never have it one way. He was that ‘grey area’ that Shakespeare often roamed in. Now he is dead and gone to live in that land after death with Lydia and their child.

It turned out that Tasha, the pack slut, was actually working with Vaughn. He’d told her that he would get me out of the picture so that she could have the men to herself – of course, it didn’t really make a difference in her eyes that none of them actually liked her…

I hope she finds her mate sometime. We’ve banished her from our pack, so I don’t know what has happened to her. I still feel sad for her sometimes, she always looked so spiteful and full of hate – I guess I’ll never know why she felt that way so often.

Anita was rescued from the dungeon and rejoined with her mate, which was a happy reunion full of tears and love. We have stayed close and she’s come to me with great news: she’s having a baby! I’m so happy for her. She deserves everything in the world after what she’d been through.

The poor woman was tortured and left to the brink of death, the only thing keeping her alive was the thought that her mate was still out there, waiting for her to come home, searching for her everywhere.

My best friends, Tess and Jack were happy with their mates. Jack and Aidan, of course couldn’t have a baby, but there was a place where they could adopt children who would develop into wolves, so there was no problem there. They were planning on adopting the sweetest little pig-tailed girl named Addy, I couldn’t wait to fully meet her!

I rarely saw them around anymore, happy as they were in their own worlds, but I still loved them and wished them all the best in the world.

Archer is reading this over my shoulder – “Enough about everyone else, how about you?” – and he keeps running his hands through his hair in this really awesome way that makes him look like a model – “I can read that, babe.”

Right, Archer, did you want me to say you are as unattractive as an armadillo?

No, I just want you to get on with it. Tell them what happened with us!

He’s stolen my pen, as you can clearly see. I grin at him – “All in good time.” – to which he sighs exasperatedly and goes over to sit on the sofa, turning on some UFC fighting on the TV. Why he ever bothers to watch that I will never know, it’s not like he isn’t a better fighter than all of them combined.

Anyway, my pack is wonderfully happy and I am too.

But I won’t leave you hanging, so I guess it’s time to admit everything that happened.

Seth fell into a coma for the remaining days until the full moon. There was this awful ripping feeling in my heart – now I know how paper feels – as the bond broke between us, and then I sort of passed out for a while. Archer says I kept moaning his name and drooling all over the place, my body a spasming heap, but I think he’s lying.

When I woke up, I was on the hill I ran up after my dad died and I was cuddled like a kolache next to Archer in a pile of blankets. There was a fire cracking on a makeshift hearth and a kettle was boiling on a suspended stick like an old fashioned stove.

I blinked my eyes to find Archer looking down at me with worry and crying – though he denies it, wouldn’t want to ruin his manly macho-ness; I’ll break him yet, he’s already wearing a pink frilly apron when he cooks. Seth, at this point, wouldn’t come out of his coma for another month where he eventually found love with a woman who lost her mate in a fire. They are the cutest couple!

We stayed on the hill for another week or so, just letting everything sink in and permeate the thin foggy haze around my mind. We became very close in that week, and I fell in love with Archer – not just from the bond, but because of him and the fact that he was utterly perfect for me.

He was there for me as a shoulder to cry on and he didn’t take my crap when I started yelling about how Seth’s being put into a coma was my fault. He let me yell before saying just the right words that would calm me down.

He helped me understand.

When we came down, there was a lovely welcoming party and the pack house was trashed – apparently Jack thought it would be fun to throw a party since Vaughn was dead.

After cleaning the pack house, we returned to our rooms and started to work on building a little cottage for ourselves and our future child – that’s future as in then, two year old as in now.

Yeah, that’s right, we have a little boy – his name is Owen. He’s beautiful, my pride and joy, a little ball of energy and giggles. He’s sitting next to me on the couch and copying his daddy who, since Owen has come in, turned football on and is hopping around in enthusiasm as his favourite team scored a touchdown.

It’s quite cute. The both of them are.

That’s really it. This is my life now, complete with Owen and Archer as my loving family. I wouldn’t give this life up for anything in the world. I wouldn’t go back to the way it was before – me being lonely and hating men.

I loved my family, my pack and my life. It was perfect and I was happy with how it turned out.

Oh, Owen says I’m supposed to tell you that he’s starting day care soon – he’s very excited. I’m so proud of him! He’s turning out just like his daddy, charming and handsome – at least, for a two year old.

Well, anyway, I’m dreading writing down my final words because then it’s officially over. Oh, hold on, according to Archer, it’s not over, it’s just begun. So therefore, I will not say goodbye, but hello for another day. I hope I haven’t bored you, stranger.

Love always, Kat.

A/N: Well, that’s it! The end of a story I really didn’t like in the first place (oops!). I hope you, if nothing else, enjoyed it. I promise none of my other works are this god-awful (I hope!). In the words of Ferris Bueller: “Why are you still here? Go home!”

"Party on Wayne!”

“Party on Garth!”

Bye luvs, thanks for reading. XxEmmy.