Carry On Home

Locked in Archer's embrace, I suddenly didn't feel so safe anymore. I stilled when I heard that hate filled, mocking voice and its mimicking clap. We should've gotten out of here when we had the chance. I turned slowly in Archer's arms to face Vaughn and gave him the most malevolent glare I could muster.

"Are Seth and Jack okay?" I whispered to Archer, remembering their limp bodies in the dungeon.

"Yeah," he whispered back, "Why wouldn't they be? Seth came to help find you."

I felt stupid for believing Vaughn's little trick in the dungeon. The two limp bodies had not belonged to either of the two. I had been scared out of my mind before now, now I just wondered who they were. But this was not the time for that.

Vaughn grinned something ugly and full of spite, "I hate to break up the waterworks, little brother. But you can't have this one. She's mine."

Archers arms tightened around me before turning me so I was behind him slightly. "She's my mate, Vaughn. I would die before letting you have her."

"That can be easily arranged. Men?" He motioned towards the door and two burly guys stepped out, half in wolf form, half in human. They had tails and furry hands complete with long claws. Two ears sat atop each of their heads and their feet were like their hands. "These are my new creations. I'm surprised you fell for my little trick in the dungeon. I didn't take you to be that gullible. But, alas, now you know that your men are safe, I might as well bring mine out to play. These were the men in the dungeon, they were starting to become half bloods while you watched. If you'd stayed a bit longer, you would've been able to see them change."

Suddenly all the pieces fit together - at least, if what I think was right was - and everything made sense. I breathed, "You're building an army... And you want me as bait. This was never about your mate Lydia, this is about control."

Vaughn laughed. "Finally, someone who understands my plan! Unfortunately, this little flea here has gotten in the way, so my actions will take place sooner than I expected. But yes little Kat, in the first place it was about revenge for Lydia. But I killed your father, so that took care of that. Now it's about control. I'm going to have dominance over the biggest pack in the world, and you, little brother, will be dead and the lovely Kitten will be at my side."

He must be pretty confident. In movies the villain never reveals his plans until he knows he is going to win for sure. He motioned to the two half men beside him and pointed at Archer and me. I panicked and stepped back as Archer whispered, "When I say run, run, got it? Go find Seth and tell him I need help and then get to safety."

I nodded helplessly as the men advanced, feeling like the damsel in distress. The two men sprang into motion at the same time and Archer yelled, "Run!"

So I ran. Out the door and through the hallways, hiking up the dress as I went. I could hear pounding footsteps a short while away from me, I was fairly sure it was Vaughn, but I didn't want to turn to find out. I tried to concentrate and mind-link Seth. 'Are you okay? Where are you?'

'Kitty? I'm in the dungeon untying some female.'

'Okay,' I closed the link and ran, knowing exactly where he was. He was with Anita, the woman I'd talked to. I didn't want Vaughn to follow though, so I lead him in circles.

Once I'd thought I had lost him, I mind-linked Seth to ask him where he was. The response came quickly, 'I'm still in the dungeon with this unconscious female.'

'Don't move, wait for me there.' I sent back.

Thankfully, I could see the mental map I'd drawn out when I was being escorted to my new room from the dungeon and it was easy to find my way back. With only a flew blips along the way and an unfortunate run-in with a mouse trap, I reached the dungeon.