Chapter 5

A/N: Hey there! I feel like I give too many author's note, but this one is important. Due to the upcoming holidays and my summer vacation, I won't be able to post much often, I'm sorry. But I'll try to keep posting at least once a week. I'd like to thank everyone who has been reading, commenting and voting. I really appreciate your support. Please, keep on leaving your comments and voting! ;)

Roger's P.O.V

It's been two days since Brian and I are back together. We are going to the studio today. Freddie and John agreed on giving us a short break due to all that fuss, but now it's time to go back to work. We are just finishing the recording of the album "News of the World", what means we'll be on road very soon. I'm looking for my car keys, I can't find them anywhere.

"Bri, have you seen my keys?"

"No, babe. Have you checked on the worktop?" He replies coming downstairs.

I go look for the keys on the worktop and there they are. I grab them and head to the driveway. Brian is following me close behind. We're quite late already, but it's my fault as usual. I must have taken too long in the shower. I climb on the driver's seat and buckle up. Brian gets in the car sitting on the passenger's seat. As he buckles up, I start the engine. The ride to the studio takes solid forty minutes. Brian and I have decided to live in the suburb, far from the city and the paparazzi's pestering.

"Freddie is gonna kill us. We're late after a two days break." Brian states worriedly.

"Sorry for this, love. I shouldn't have taken so long to get ready" I apologize. "If he tries anything, I'll protect you." I say jokingly this time.

"Oh, that's what I ever wanted. Being saved from the fire spitter dragon by my knight in shiny armor."

I laugh.

The ride keeps silent. Thank God, the traffic isn't jammed and I can keep some speed. Back in the day, I used to drive as a mad hatter but Brian made me promise that I would be more careful when we started dating. Even nowadays, I still keep a love affair with the gas pedal.

"Do you think we're getting something done today?" I ask to my boyfriend, trying to get into a conversation.

"I hope so. We can't delay on the release of the album." He answers absent-mindedly. He's frowning as if he had something on his mind.

"Are you alright, babe?" I ask grabbing his hand.

"Yes. I was just thinking..." He pauses. "Would you like to hang out tonight?" He asks. His hands are shaking and I can see a stream of sweat forming on his forehead. I understand his anxiety. After all, this is the first time since we're back together that he invites me to go out.

I squeeze his hand gently. "Of course. What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Maybe we could have a walk in the park and go eat something." He suggests a bit calmer.

"That sounds perfect!" I squirm with excitement. He is really trying to please me. I think he may have really changed. Our chatting during the trip distracted us, and soon we were in front of the studio. I look for a parking lot and find a perfect one.

I pull over and we get out of the car. Brian comes to my side and grabs my hand. I'm shocked. He has never held my hand in public. Though this is different, I don't repel his touch. We head to the front door, greet some people on the way and, finally, reach our studio room.

"Good afternoon, my favorite lovebirds!" Freddie greet us in a high-pitched voice. "What's the fucking reason of your arriving late this time?"