memories awakened

I was finally alone. I was walking down the hall to go check up on. Maybe...just maybe, of the boys all remembered me, Ruki remembers me too. I kinda felt excited, but I can't get my hopes up Just yet.
I opened the door and let myself.

Rosalina: Ruki...
Ruki: what do you want?
Rosalina: I came back and saved everyone. But...you got hurt?
Ruki: who the hell do you think you are to worry about me?
I'm you're friend Ruki.
I stepped forward until I was barely close enough to see Ruki's face in the darkness. But he turned his head away from me.

Rosalina: I know about the plan, Ruki. I've always known...
Ruki: shut up.
Rosalina: you were trying to become Adam, right?
Ruki: I told you to shut up!
I know I should be quiet, but I can't hold my peace anymore.

Rosalina:you've been struggling on your own because you want to become Adam. you can't become Adam, Ruki. None of you can....not forcefully anyway, no matter how much blood any of you take, Mukami or sakamaki.
Ruki: I'm other words...we were trying to achieve something impossible from the start.
Ruki sat himself up in the bed.

Rosalina: not entirely impossible...Geez, what did that man tell you?...listen Ruki, my blood is pure, but that doesn't mean non-pureblood vampires can't become Adam. Only the possessor of Eve's blood can choose Adam. Only I can choose who becomes Adam.
Ruki became even more silent. I believe this realization blew his mind.

Rosalina:...kou...Yuma...Azusa....they all told me....how you always put them first...
He looked up at me, eyes widen. I look down at him with a warm smile.

Rosalina:...I'm so proud of you, Ruki. Even after all these years.
I flinched back when Ruki reached up and touched my shoulder.

Ruki: it's you...isn't it?...Rose.
He remembers....
Ruki stood up, now towering over me. I worried for a second about his wound until his other hand stroked my cheek.

Ruki: Where have you been?...why did you suddenly disappear?...why did I forget you?
A single tear escaped my eye and down my face.

Rosalina: I'm so sorry...please...forgive me...
Ruki put his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. He was hugging me. I could feel his grip tighten, not wanting me to get away.

Ruki: I'm so glad your okay...please, don't leave again...

For some reason...I could not promise that.