chapter

*present day*

Now is the beginning of the lunar eclipse. At this point the mukami's vampire powers have decreased rapidly. And I bet the sakamakis are having the same affect with the eclipse.
This is good.

I spent the last few hours with the mukamis.....with my friends. We laughed, we played, had a lovely time together...if felt just like it did a long time ago.
Though, unknown to them, I felt deep sorrow in the back of my mind. After today was over, I was planning to leave. The moment they would take an eye off me, I was going to leave and do the job that I plan to do. Kill the sakamakis, kill the founders....Kill Karl Heinz.
I don't want them to figure it out, I don't want them involved no matter what.

I was in my room getting prepared to leave. I had to make sure I had my guns and knives strapped on to me, more than likely, I'm gonna have to use them.
I couldn't go out the front, so teleported out
to the front gate.

Ruki: Rosalina, where are you going?

Rosalina: .....Ruki...?

Crap, I got caught....fairly quickly too.
It was like he was waiting for me.

Rosalina: ...I...I uhh....just needed to get out of the house for a bit....that's all.

Knowing Ruki for so long, I get that he didn't buy into that obvious lie.

Ruki: ...what is wrong, Rose? You seem troubled.

Rosalina: it's really nothing. I'm fine.

Ruki then gestured his hand out to me.

Ruki: come. We're going back inside.

Rosalina: ........no...I...I can't....

I've came this far. I can't just turn back now...

Ruki: ....are you worried about your plan?

Rosalina: ......?!

Wait...did he...

Ruki: Did you think I wouldn't find out?

Rosalina: .....

Ruki: as usual, it is your bad habit of hiding everything on your own...you've always been like that, and only I could tell since I am the same as you....

Rosalina: Ruki, please....

Ruki: it is useless to hide it now.

Rosalina: I'm not hiding anything...so please, just go back inside.

Ruki: You're planning to leave and take on this situation by yourself. You were never going to tell us, were you?

How could he have possible figure that out so quickly?

Rosalina: I said I'm not....

Ruki: after seeing that, I pretty much know what your doing.

I had completely forgotten to hide the obvious silver gun in my hand.
Shit...!

Ruki: I won't allow you to go out there and fight on your own.

Rosalina: I HAVE TOO! ....this is my only chance. This situation with Karl is not just for revenge...this in not a battle....its a complete war. I don't want to lose anyone else........I want my life back. I may can't get the whole thing back, but the best I can do is free myself...free all of you from Karl Heinz.

If I can't do this now...I'll never get another chance. And more of my friends will get hurt.

Ruki: ....you're choosing death, right?

Rosalina: ...that's...

Ruki: I won't allow you to say "that's not it."

Ruki grabbed hold of my wrist, and with the hand I was holding my gun...he pointed it right to his chest.

Ruki: ...use this gun and kill me.

Rosalina: ...?!

Ruki: Your bullets are designed to kill vampires.
...go, do it. Then you can see how it feels to lose someone beloved to you.

Rosalina: ruki, this isn't funny...

Ruki: hurry up.

Rosalina: ruki, I'm serious. This is no time to...

Ruki: I am serious as well.

My hands started to shake. This is the exact situation I wanted to avoid...they would try any method just to keep me from leaving.

Ruki: what's wrong? Do you think you can kill me when you're trembling like that? ....hold on tighter to the gun.

My whole hand started to feel numb. No matter if I thought he was a creature I hated....I could never shoot my friend.

Ruki: ...if we can't be together, then....this is the only wish I have. Death, I don't think much of it, but it's not bad, is it?....go on...Kill me.

Rosalina: ...haha....your really stupid....your...really really stupid....you know damn well, how hard it would be for me to pull the trigger on you....

Ruki: ....

My grip on the gun loosened, and I dropped it.

Rosalina: I lost all of you once...I don't want that again...

Ruki: we don't want to lose you again either, rosalina. That is why we don't want you to fight on your own.

Rosalina: ......I'm sorry.

Ruki then embraced me with a hug, a gentle hug. It was so nostalgic.

Ruki: don't apologize. You acted this way because you're thinking of us, right? ...we believe in each other, right? That's why we all chose the paths we have taken. No matter how painful it gets.

Although, the first path was not chosen by me. I chose the path of rebellion...the same thing with the Mukamis. Every one if south paths have not been easy but this is how we chose to live.

Ruki: we...must keep on living. And protect each other. That's the resolve we had when we started this.

Rosalina: ....I understand.

Ruki: if you understand that much then it's fine....we know you want to save us. But...we want to save you too, Rosalina. So please....stop fighting on your own and let us help you.

Rosalina: ......yes....okay.