9

It was unclear how long they sat there, just sat there in each other's embrace, speaking occasionally. Somewhere in between a fresh wave of tears hit Dani, a tsunami of emotions causing her to sob once again. Santana just held her throughout, through each heart-breaking moment. She would place a kiss to her girlfriend's temple while stroking her hair assuring her that it would be okay, that she was here, that she wasn't leaving.

It felt right, they felt right and it terrified Santana. She was never good with emotions, especially not other people's, but sitting there with Dani in an empty field at four a.m. couldn't have felt more right.

"I'm sorry." Dani sniffed sitting up and wiping her eyes with her sleeves, "I usually have great control over my emotions. I'm usually the rock of my fucked up family. I'm not sure what really happened tonight."

"Babe if I'm being honest seeing you vulnerable is reassuring." Santana smiled offering Dani her hand. Dani gladly accepted it entwining their fingers, Santana's previously immaculate manicure chipped and fading. "Especially as the first night I stayed here you woke more from a nightmare. Which, by the way, I'm pretty certain would have resulted in me pissing myself."

Dani chuckled and shook at her head at a beaming Santana, the latter pleased she could make Dani laugh.

"You're a goof you know that right?" Dani snorted her voice a little hoarse and raw from the tears. "I'm your goof." Santana winked leaning in to capture Dani's lips.

Santana had initiated the kiss as a sign as reassurance but within seconds it had deepened. Dani's tongue traced Santana's bottom, the whisper of alcohol still there. Santana pulled Dani onto her lap so they were both sitting up and leaning against the fence. Dani wrapped her legs around Santana's hips while Santana's arms encircled Dani's waist. Dani's arms were draped around Santana's neck, their tongues in a battle for dominance. Both girls giggled and broke apart.

Santana pushed a strand of hair behind Dani's ear before gazing at her. Unaware she was doing it Dani had captured her bottom lip in between her teeth, her expression a mix of adorable and goddamn sexy.

"Ms. Harper I do believe I have never seen anyone look this hot after a mild breakdown." Santana quipped cupping Dani's cheeks in her palms. "Oh Ms. Lopez how you make me blush!" Dani chuckled her cheeks indeed going red.

Leaning in Dani placed a light peak on Santana. "I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're the one who chased after me." she admitted avoiding eye contact, her genuine sincerity overwhelming.

"Me too." Santana agreed using her thumb to push Dani's chin up. "I'll always chase after babe. Always."