14

The steam was so thick she could barely see and the booming music muted the noise of the shower. Sliding the bathroom door closed Santana slid the lock into place. She quickly stripped from her clothes and threw them into a pile in the corner. She then pulled the shower curtain open whispering 'Boo'.

Dani jumped and swore covering herself with her hands. Santana sniggered and stepped into the bath while Dani held a hand to her heart.
"What the fuck?" Dani asked letting her arms drop and standing back from the water stream.
"I missed you today." Santana murmured her arms enclosing Dani's waist and pressing her lips to Dani's collar bone appreciating the hot water releasing the tension in her muscles. Dani released a sigh of content wrapping her arms around Santana's neck closing her eyes.

"We were working together all day babe." Dani pointed out humming in approval as Santana kissed up along her neck.
"Yeah but Mami was helping so I had to keep my hands off you. And then Abuela sat beside you at dinner so I couldn't even hold your hand under the table like first graders." Santana argued finally removing her lips from Dani's body.

Dani raised an eyebrow muttering "New York kids develop a lot quicker." Santana snorted.
"Oh whatever Alabama. Now quickly I told Mami I was having quicker shower. She thinks you're out in the barn still."

"Quickly what?" Dani teased biting her lip while maintaining eye-contact with Santana. Santana glanced down to Dani's lips. "Oh you know."

Desperate lips on lips, passionate hands on hot bodies, neither of them noticed the water running cold.

Santana walked into the kitchen awhile later trying to supress the grin on her face. Her happiness level was only increasing with Dani around.

"Hey." Dani greeted her casually, as though that very mouth hadn't been doing unspeakable things minutes before. "Hi." Santana replied sitting beside her Mom at the table watching Dani wash the dishes.

"So I'm going out to see some of my friends after I'm done here. You're welcome to tag along if you want. It's only a small thing." Dani offered nonchalantly but from the look she gave Santana it was obvious she wanted her to come.
"Yeah I'd like to come. What's the dress code?" Santana asked glancing to her mother who reading the newspaper intently.
"What you're wearing is good." Dani smiled eyeing Santana's outfit. She was wearing a black strapless crop top under a sheer dark olive green tank top and denim shorts which were frayed the bottom. Dani recognised the shorts as her own but she just smirked and turned back around. It was good to see because Santana was now able to wear her own clothes but she chose to wear Dani's.

The truck rumbled to a halt at the edge of a field as the last few minutes of sun light lingered. A roaring bonfire was in the centre of the grass while a group of teens surrounded it. Ace immediately sprung from the truck shouting "Catch ya' later." as he jumped the fence.

Santana looked at Dani. She was wearing a loose black tank top, ripped denim jeans and she had curled her hair. She was looking hot.

"You okay babe?" Dani asked turning to her as she shoved her keys into her pockets.
"Yeah I'm good." Santana smiled weakly unbuckling herself.
Dani scoffed. "You're a shocking liar. Come here." Dani pulled her closer and let their lips touch for a moment. "Just remember they're all rednecks inferior to you city girls."

Santana shoved her lightly sniggering. "Whatever dork. Let's just go meet the poor schmucks you call friends." Dani grinned and stepped out of the car. "More like the blessed who get the honour of calling me their friend."

Santana were standing beside one of the boy's trucks sipping from her beer while Dani sat on the bonnet behind her. Santana stood in between her legs as they chatted to two girls from Dani's soccer team.
"So where in New York are you from?" the black haired one asked Santana genuinely looking interested.
"I live in Manhattan but I go to school in Queens." Santana replied feeling Dani trace patterns lightly on the base of her neck.
"Why do you commute so far? Isn't that like forty minutes every morning?" the girl questioned while her brunette rolled her eyes. Santana was sure her name Hazel...or was it Anna....
"Ciara loves to mention how she interns in New York at the end of every summer." Dani sniggered at the look Ciara shot her.
"Whatever Hannah, Dani. Don't be jealous." Hannah that was it!