Chapter 10.

Harry Potter-

What was that? I admit, the pain, the grief...the loss. It was hundreds of times worse than the look in my eyes. Not always a constant, but the kind of pain that's always there.

Voldemort's grandson.

I admit, it is hard to think of. Voldemort. The man who murdered my parents. Who murdered Cedric. He was plain evil.

But...then again, that doesn't necessarily mean I should focus that hatred and anger on Percy...

Ron looked at me, and his look was so conflicted. Mine was too.

The boy with the scars. The boy in pain. What exactly happened to him? What made him...like this?

His glowing green eyes were so much brighter than mine, sea green, not emerald.

And the pain in them? Beyond comprehension. I was seriously rethinking how I had previously thought of him. I mean, I still didn't like him...I just didn't hate him for who his grandfather was. For the past few weeks, I had been making blind accusations, and I think I was blinded by his arrogance and darkness. But didn't everyone have some darkness in them? I did, for sure.  Like when I snapped at Ron and Hermione.  Okay, I was peeved...but still...

Maybe he was okay.  But even if he was okay, he was most definitely not fine.

Nico di Angelo-

Everything was more or less normal until the little snot showed up.

All right, Percy's breakdown startled me.  I wanted to help him, to take his pain away.  Thalia and I would both do that for him without a second thought.  It really worried me.  Will Solace has been helping me control things that have been...well, out of control since Bianca died.  I know Thalia, and even though we typically don't get along, she wanted to help Percy just as much as I did.

So, yeah.  There was no words exchanged.  Eating in silence.  I was about to start an eating competition with the one and only Pinecone Face for the my Father of it, when the snot showed up. Well, he showed up after the road lady's speech, which I kindly payed no attention to. I'm ADHD. Speeches are hard to sit at. But, Holy Hera, hers almost made me want to drown myself...well, her, actually. Or have Percy do it...

"So, new mudbloods," he snarled, walking up to us.  "My name is Draco Malfoy." He spoke in a 'mightier than thou' tone.

He reminded me of a richer, vainer Octavian.  I already hated him.

"Hello.  I'm Percy.  That is Nico, and this is Thalia.  It is a pleasure to meet you.  You remind me of someone." Percy grinned, giving him a once over.  He obviously hated him.

The blonde snothead raised a brow.

"His name was Octavian," Percy smiled politely.  "He cut the heads off of stuffed animals and paraded around in bed sheets."

Thalia, Ginny, and I snickered.  That was a very accurate description.

The snothead turned red.  "You'll regret this!  I'm a bad enemy for you to make," he warned.

I was getting sick of this guy.  I took one of the carving knives from the table.  Then, seeing his panicked look, proceeded to file my nails with it.  If you are as good at handling weapons and sharp pointy things—which pretty much all demigods are—it is actually a pretty good substitute for a nail filer.  Then, watching his extremely frightened expression, I made a split second decision to pull a Wolverine on him.

Not taking my eyes off the knife, I said in a low voice.  "That so, Bub?"

We all laughed as he ran from us as fast as his scrawny legs could carry him.  Well, they weren't scrawny, because according to a certain son of Hephaestus, scrawny was the new sizzling hot—do I even want to know the story behind that one?—so they were more on the line of toothpicks.

Percy smiled widely, giving me a high five.  "Gotta love the subtle threatening nail filing.  I remember Ares did that to some poor waitress—probably scared for life!  Brilliant!"

Thalia wiped a fake tear from her eyes.  "Death Breath is finally growing up, Perce.  Our little cousin is threatening people already."

"I'm technically older than both of you," I frowned.

"I'm older than all if you maturity wise," Ginny grinned.  Thalia opened her mouth to argue, but then snapped it shut.  None of us could really argue with that.

"Your comment about Octavian made my day, Percy.  That was hilarious!"

"Just part of my charm," he smirked. Then he looked over to the Golden Trio. They were whispering and taking glances at him.

"Ginny, show me the Common Room?"

"Uh, okay." She said. What was that Kelp Head up to?

"You guys should come," he said to Thalia and I. We stood up at once. Sometimes I really wished being a son of Hades allowed me to read minds, because I had absolutely no idea what he was thinking.

Percy Jackson-

The changing staircases were weird.  But I've been through and seen some pretty weird stuff.  The thing that really got me was the screaming, fat portrait lady.

When I voiced my concerns, Ginny whispered, "she is supposed to be that way."

So once we were inside I ushered Ginny, Thalia, and Nico into the boys dormitory.

"Ewe," Thalia crinkled her nose.  "Boys."

"Yeah, yeah.  You are a Hunter.  Now shush," I scolded her.  She looked like she wanted to gut me, so I just smirked at her, and her angry expression turned confused.  "Now, Ginny.  Where are Harry and Ron's beds?"

She directed us to two beds, and I grinned evilly.

"Thalia, charge the pillows with electricity," I said with a wicked grin.  "So when they lay down to sleep, they'll be shocked."

Thalia laughed, and complied.  Nick looked at me quizzically.

"Why start a war?"

"A prank war.  I haven't had a good prank war since the Stolls in the summer."

"Oh," Nico grinned.  "This'll be fun."

"You bet."  Then I turned to Thalia and Ginny.  "Do the same with Hermione, okay?  Nico and I will get to know the ghosts and all the secret passageways and routes.  No matter how well hidden, it is all hidden by magic.  We can see the traces magic leaves," I explained to Ginny.  "So it won't be to hard to unearth the secrets of this place.  And all the Ghosts will be afraid of Nico, so if we ask for their help, I doubt they'll turn us away."

Thalia mock saluted me, and spun on her heel, and started walking in the opposite direction.  Ginny laughed.

"And Fred and George like you two.  If you ask for help, they probably will," she smirked.  Then she called for Thalia to wait up.

For a horrible second, I remembered what had happened at the Sorting, and cringed.  Thankfully, Nico didn't notice.  He put his hand on my shoulder after I nodded at him, and we both melted into darkness.

So I'm not making Harry a huge jerk. But it wouldn't be as fun without some kind of rivalry, and prank wars should be fun. Comment if you have any good magic/demigod/mortal/muggle pranks I could use. I'm not that good at that sort of thing.

I gave a hint in an earlier chapter, but the Ghost King has met the infamous Draco Malfoy! So now, in the Wizarding World, the three have a friend, rivals, and an enemy! How exciting! I also mentioned Will. I'll leave you guys to determine what their relationship is...

Comment, vote. Tell me what you liked, what you didn't...

It's my birthday tomorrow! I'm getting older, gah! Soon I'll be one of those old fart ladies that scream at people to get off their lawn...like in the Monster House movie. Only that was a guy with...well, a monster house, and I'm a fourteen year old girl, who will do it when I'm old just for the fun of it...but, yeah. I'm sure you get my point.

-A Book Worm