Chapter 18.

Percy Jackson-

I wished I could have done more, but Umbrella Lady cancelled our detentions.  As much as she openly despised us, she knew she couldn't compete with us.  Harry, on the other hand, she knew she had all the power over, so we were free, but Harry was stuck with the She-Witch-a phrase that is really ironic-but, true nonetheless.

"Make your move," Thalia said in a monotone, glaring at me.

"Be prepared," I said darkly, and drew a card.

I smiled and hooted while I pumped my fists in the air.  "Yes!"

"No!" Thalia scowled, throwing down her cards and crossing her arms over her chest.  

"I win!  Ha!"

"You stink." Thalia pouted, making Nico and Ginny burst into laughter.  

"That's another point to me," I grinned.  "Soon, you'll have to do whatever I want."

"Keep dreaming, Fish Boy."

"Don't worry," I winked.  "I will."  I wouldn't.  I would be training to use my...power with Hecate.  Not that they needed to know that little tidbit at the moment.

"I'll turn the....tables on you!" Thalia said after a moment.

"I thought you were going to say tides for a second there." I grinned.

"I was, but I thought it would be way to fishy of a pun."

"Hardy har har.  What a comedian."

"I thought so."

"You also thought Apollo was hot.  What does that say for your judgement?"

"..." Thalia gaped at me.  I rendered her speechless.  I was feeling pretty proud of myself, because that sure doesn't happen often.

Nico and Ginny were practically...what's the term?  ROFLing?  I don't really keep track of that stuff.  Soon, Thalia and I joined the laughing fit, and we didn't stop until Hermione Granger came and looked at us weirdly.

"Uh...hello?" She said.

"Hey, Hermione." Ginny said, wiping tears from her eyes.  "You guys aren't going to get rid of me now, I haven't laughed this much in ages.  You lot are the most entertaining people I have ever met."

I chuckled.  "Well, we're glad to be of service...I think.  So, what's up, Hermione?  Do you want something?"

Hermione looked stumped for a moment.  

"Or if you wanted to talk to Ginny, we'll get out of here.  I'm sure there's someplace in this castle we haven't explored.  Pretty unlikely, but nothing's impossible, right?"

Hermione stared at us for another moment.  "Actually, I wanted to talk to you guys.  I wanted to ask you guys if you'll join S.P.E.W?"

Thalia, Nico, and I looked at each other.  "We don't exactly know what that is," Nico said, and Thalia and I nodded in agreement.

Hermione explained about S.P.E.W. and the elves and slavery.  I frowned.

"I understand, but I can't help you." I said.  "Maybe it isn't right, but it's how they live.  It's all they know.  And as of now, they don't want to be freed.  If there if an elf that wants to be free, the he or she should be free.  If not, then I don't think anyone should meddle with it." I shrugged.  "I'm sorry."

Hermione looked disappointed, but not like it was unexpected.  "Did you seriously just apologize?" Hermione asked.  "You?"

I scratched my forehead.  "Uh, yeah.  Is there a problem with that?"