Chapter 16.

Percy Jackson-

I know I could have had a better reaction than groaning and  banging my head on the wall continuously.

"I'm not that bad," the voice sounded offended.

"I was busy," I said crossly.  "I didn't ask to be brought here."

"I know, Perseus." The voice sighed.  "But, please, hear me out before you make any assumptions."

I sighed deeply and turned to look at her.  "Lady Hecate, what is this about?"

"Harry Potter."  My eyes met hers in shock.  

"What does he have to do with anything?"

"He has to do with everything."

"That explains it," I said sarcastically.  "Thanks for clearing that up."

"My pet world is Hogwarts and all of the other magic schools.  Wizards and witches are my people." Hecate said, her eyes half closed.  "I'm sure you understand that I care for them very much.  Not as deeply as I care for my children, but I care for them, nonetheless."

"Okay." I said.  "That still tells me absolutely nothing about Harry or why I'm here?"

"You are here because you are the only one who can save us...again."  Is it too late to bang my head against the wall again?

"Hooray." I said dryly.

"Don't get me wrong, you aren't a pawn this time.  In fact, you don't have to help me.  But I know you, and I know your heart.  You have a good one.  A good soul, and a caring nature.  You wouldn't purposely let harm come to anyone if you could prevent it."

"All right," I said.  I couldn't exactly say she was wrong... "So what or who exactly am I supposed to save everyone from?  My stupid grandfather, right?"

"In a way," Hecate said vaguely.  "Follow me, and I'll show you."

For the first time, I took note of my surroundings.  I hadn't really looked at the wall as I banged my head against it.  It was a completely white room...not in a painted, blotchy white way.  More like smooth white marble.  There was a wooden door, but that was it.  There was only the walls, the floor, and the ceiling.  Nothing else was in it.

I decided to be silent (I know, a miracle.  Me, Percy Jackson, not having an idiotic response.) and followed her as she opened the door and walked inside it.  I followed her.

It was hard to describe what it was.  I wasn't shocked- nothing can shock me anymore- but I was pretty confused.  

"What is this?" 

"A future."  She didn't say the future.  Just a.  A future.

"Whose?"

She thought hard, like it was a complicated question.  

"Everyone's and no one's."

"That makes perfect sense." I grumbled.

"This is what could, and what probably should happen without you in it."  I watched.  I watched as Harry's godfather died, and he came face to face with some nose-less creep...who was probably the grandfather I was told about.  I watched the whole scene in the Department of Mysteries.

"What can I do?" I asked.  "Are you asking me to be there and prevent this?"

"No," She said curtly.  "I'm sorry about this, but Sirius Black must die.  Apollo foresaw it.  It would change everything, make everything completely out of wack.  No.  He will die.  But you will come, and you will give them hope."