Chapter 25.

Percy Jackson-

"The time draws nearer."

"I know, I know. But I can't control time-that's my dear old grandpa's- you know, the one in a million pieces-gig. Since I can't control time, we'll have to wait it out."

"Don't get snarky with my, half-blood." Hecate scowled. "You can't tell me that you're not nervous."

"I'm not."

"Liar.

"Honest. IM Apollo, see what he says. I'm not nervous."

"Oh? Why would that be? Everyone gets afraid. As much as I'm sure that the Olympians would never admit this-even gods get scared."

I was silent for a moment, thinking about how to answer her. Why should it scare me? The only things in life to be afraid of was my girlfriend and female demigod cousins/Piper/Ginny. Otherwise, nothing seems to be able to get to me. I guess I haven't given it really much thought. Why wasn't I scared? Why wasn't I afraid? Soon enough, I was going to come face-to-face with my deranged grandpa, who is a mass murder. I'd have to some-what reveal myself. Harry, Ginny, and everyone might find out that I knew about Sirius' death months prior to the event, and didn't do a think to stop it. They'd hate me. So why did I feel nothing? No butterflies, no nervous tingling...nothing.

"I guess...when the worst happens to you...there isn't much left the earth or the gods can throw at you that phases you. And they've both thrown quite a lot, at me in particular. Besides, I've been to hell...I don't even know how many times. I've swam in a river of acid that made me invulnerable, but hurt like Hades. I've carried the sky, I've wandered an endless maze, and I've led an army at the age of sixteen. I've fought monster and immortals, and killed at bunch of both. I've even, though I've tried to avoid it, killed demigods in Kronos' army. (Andromeda explosion, in case you guys were wondering.) Part of me already feels like I've lived too long, and my life has barely started. I'm not even afraid of death. I don't really care what happens to me. I just care about the people I love. And as much as I think Harry's a good guy, a good friend...he isn't my top priority. This will help keep my family safe. I'm not going to let there be a possibility that either Camps are involved in another war for a really long time. For that to happen, the natural order has to be carried out. Sirius has to die. Harry has to grieve. He has to feel that pain. He needs a reason to want Voldemort dead...even more than he already does. He needs motivation. Besides...if I stopped everyone from dying, Hades would come after my ass about his paperwork, and we wouldn't want that."

Who knew, when I got into the demigods life of killing monsters and and saving a bunch of Immortals that act like three year olds, I'd also develop a thing for monologues?  Didn't see that coming.  I think I almost put myself to sleep, there.

Hecate looked at me strangely. "You've grown up, haven't you?"

"Oh. Well, I thought I'd gotten taller since I was twelve, but I guess that might have been just me..."

"That's not what I meant."

"I know what you meant."

"Fine. Let's get back to your training, then."

She handed me two items. A sword and a pistol.

"What the Hades, Hecate? This is about my energy. Why are you giving me weapons? Besides, I suck I guns and archery.  You know that. Everyone knows that." I gave her an exaggerated look, widening my eyes at her. "Everyone."

"Good thing you aren't aiming at a target."

"Huh?"

A sly smirk slid onto her face. "You're going to do two things. First, you are going to use your energy to destroy a weapon, and then to enhance one."