un

"taxi! taxi!" a brunette boy yelled. he groaned as the yellow vehicles drove by him, making him go unnoticeable.

his tiny hands didn't do the job as he tried to stick out his thumb as far as possible.

to his luck, a driver noticed him at the edge of the busy street and pulled over for him to quickly hop in. he told the driver his destination, and laid back fixing his tousled hair.

he knew he shouldn't have turned off his alarm this morning to sleep in for five more minutes. that always resulted badly, the time always seeming that it went by way faster in the crack of dawn then it did mid day.

it took him nearly an hour to get ready in the morning, half an hour more to find a taxi which was ridiculous. he wasn't an early bird, that was for sure. he rather would live his life during midnight, as they call those people 'night owls'.

the city was in a blur through the sticky window he watched from, tapping his fingers lightly on his knee due to nerves. he hated being late to his job. it was the only career throughout his entire twenty years of life that he actually enjoyed; being an artist. the sudden urge to draw fascinating objects surprised him back when he applied, never have been the person to be artistic or creative in highschool. he barely passed art class with a c- but was satisfied that he at least passed.

everything he viewed was inspiration, or some kind of story.

he also praised that artists didn't have specific clothing to wear, he didn't think he was the type to rock some fancy suit. he always showed up with a white t shirt that exposed his collar bones, and some black jeans and shoes. it defined him.

as the tall buildings around him were finally visible, the cab came to a halt in front of a medium-sized building that had the words 'the manhattan eye' scrawled on the front of it. the boy threw twenty bucks to the driver and ran out in a hurry, as all business people usually are in the mornings.

++

"so you've finally arrived, jimin." a tall man with white hair sprawled on his head spoke to jimin, the brunette boy, who looked like he just went through hell and back.

jimin caught his breath before he replied. "i'm sorry walker, i would tell you how frantic my morning was but i have no excuses." he fixed his t shirt that was slowly going lower, exposing more of his shoulder.

walker straightened his black suit and stared at jimin. "good response. after all this is your first time being late, so i'll shake it off," he was now moving towards jimin, as he was a few feet away. "but lets get down to business. this art show is in a few days and we have everything planned except for catering and some art pieces," walker spoke as if he was going to ask jimin a question.

jimin's heart sped up, at the thought of his work put up on the wall for everyone to see. they've only had a few art shows, and a fair amount of people would come in and admire the paintings.

he tightened his hands into fists, waiting for more to hear.

"i have decided to allow you to put a portrait of yours if you'd - "

"definitely!" jimin blurted, his cheeks immediately turning red from his outburst. "i mean yes, of course walker. i apologize again."

walker grinned at him, his facial features going friendly.

"alright, i must go finish with this event, get to work young boy."

jimin nodded his head and walked out of walkers office, and over to his art studio. he felt ecstatic right now. his head exploded with ideas of drawing he wanted to put up, what type of theme he wanted to go for, or if he even wanted to paint a new one.

as he entered his own little room, his cheeky smile morphed into a serious line of annoyance. he saw how his palettes were dry and cracked, the brushes sprawled onto one table, the floor filled with dust and is recent bags of fastfood right next to the garbage.

he sighed, and remembered how walker told him to clean it before he left last night so he didn't need to worry about it tomorrow.

"so much for being unorganized," he whispered to himself.

he got to work right away. minutes went by, plus a solid hour. but he finished.

he grabbed one of the stools in the corner and sat down, beginning to observe all of his work.

++

as the day finished, and the sun was meshing with a darker orange of color, jimin had pinned his choice down to three paintings. he wasn't sure which one yet, but he was positive he'd have one by tomorrow. he locked up his studio and took the trash out with him, that was evident with all type of fast food bags. those represented days that jimin was almost late to.

he had said goodbye and walked outside, the chilly air stinging his skin. he cursed at himself for forgetting his coat. jimin ran to the trash bin and got rid of the bag, and ran back to the edge of the street to find another taxi.

he didn't have to wait thirty minutes now, a driver instantly spotted him. he quickly got in and told the driver his address and awaited his home.

++

it was late noon, and jimin sighed in relief as he entered his apartment. he set the keys on an end table, slipping off his shoes and went to go find a hoodie. he peeked into his roomates room but he wasn't there.

then again, namjoon was never home at this hour.

he stalked toward the kitchen, flicking his eyes at different spots to see if he would find anything that he was craving.

"maybe a bowl of cereal" he thought.

jimin grabbed his favorite; apple jacks and set it on the counter.

he pulled open the fridge door, but only to find disappointment. there was no milk.

he groaned loudly and harshly shut it.

"really? "

-

authors note;

lets gOOOO!

here it is guys, i have been waiting to post this.

im super excited because who the hell doesn't get excited about yoonmin?

ok but jimin being an artist in this story makes me feel very tingly

anyways, ty for waiting and pls tell me how u feel :')