deux

midnight has seemed to crawl around quickly, and jimin postponed his trip to the grocery store due to fatigue.

striking twelve, namjoon came bursting through the door, his teeth gritting from the chilly atmosphere.

"honey i'm home!" namjoon yelled, startling jimin from falling asleep.

jimin rubbed his eyes and looked at namjoon with slitted eyes. he let out a groan. "it's probably late since you're home," he yawned exhaustingly.

namjoon shrugged his shoulders, taking off his long peach-colored coat and hanging it on the black coat rack next to the door. he smelled of sweat, his pink hair showing evidence from the long night he's had. namjoon was even lucky to come home this early into the night, as the bar wouldn't usually clear up until two in the morning or later.

"it's actually barely past twelve, so you're good." he walked over to where jimin laid, sinking himself onto the leather couch. he ran his thin fingers through his hair, taking a look at his bestfriend. he wore a black hoodie, the bottom of his face nestled inside of the fabric. he looked peaceful, until he sprang up yawning once again. that's when namjoon noticed splashes of warm colors on jimin's hands, letting him know jimin painted earlier.

"i have to go grocery shopping," jimin said, his voice groggy with tiredness.

namjoon shot him a crazy face. "right now? how about you get some sleep?"

"i wont have time to do it tomorrow. and im hungry, so it's best to just get it done." jimin slowly got up, replacing his big hoodie with a thick black trench coat that reached a little past his knees.

he snatched his phone from the floor and looked back at namjoon before exiting their cozy apartment.

"you fetch some sleep. you look like you can use it." jimin plastered a smile on his lips and waved a goodbye.

++

jimin had decided to walk to the grocery store, thinking that it would take less time then finding a taxi at this time of night. besides, it wasn't far from his place, if he stared from afar he could see the store with its bright lights.

there was a possible risk of getting mugged, but jimin knew the streets well enough that he felt comfortable taking the walk. plus, the closest alley near this area was on the other side of the street. so he was safe.

jimin admired the sounds of the busy city, after all, it was the city that never sleeps. he laughed at the thought of namjoon telling him it was late to go grocery shopping. it was practically the afternoon in this city.

he held the fabric inside of the coat's pockets, hoping to gain some sort of warmth. jimin bit on his lip to keep from chattering, speeding up his legs a little to his destination that was a few feet away.

suddenly, a figure came into his vision. jimin slowed down a bit, to observe what exactly was happening.

he noticed that he had stopped in front of a small gay bar, the pink sign flashing bright with neon.

"kiss kiss" it read.

jimin could hear the night life inside, the vibrations faintly beating in his bones. the mysterious figure that stopped him in the first place was closer now, walking out of the bar like a zombie from the walking dead.

jimin kept watching, his eyebrows furrowed out of curiosity.

it was a scrawny looking boy, his hair spread out on his head nicely, the color green as mint. it contrasted on his milky skin beautifully, the whole image making jimin blush lightly.