six

today was the day. jimin woke up earlier than usual, with an unusual jolt of happiness. he glances his wide eyes at the bag next to his bed that reminds him he has an art show to attend to today. even though he was awake past midnight finally picking a painting out of the three he considered, it was easy for him to jump out of bed and go piss off namjoon who got home only a few hours ago.

"fuck off, i don't even see the sun yet," namjoon starts to whine, swatting his hands in the wrong direction from where jimin was. although namjoon couldn't see it, jimin rolled his eyes.

"of course you can't, you're wearing a sleep mask you idiot!" the screech to jimins voice sets namjoon sprawling across the bed, trying to kick him out or even give him pain.

"yell one more time and i will choke you in a way that you wont enjoy it." namjoon growls, not even having to have his sight to know that jimin is mad blushing from the comment.

"you said you wouldn't bring that up!"

"this was a time of need."

jimin makes a noise a child would make if they were angry, and stomps out of namjoon's room slamming the door behind his tracks.

shaking his head as if to forget what had just happened, jimin changes into some distressed washed jeans, and a plain loose t shirt. in a few hours he would have to make his way to the manhattan eye and start putting on a show. he wanted to kill some time by walking around the city, perhaps buying some new colored pencils for his sketchbook.

the weather outside was comfortable; not too hot, but not too cold. he praised himself for his outfit today, it gave jimin a breezy feeling throughout the holes of his jeans.

the peaceful walk gave him some time to think about his piece. it was an image of a boy with sun-kissed skin, facing his back to the front of the portrait with his head turned to a 90 degree angle, his chin stuck out modeling a sort of 'at peace' face. the harsh lines of detail he put it gave the picture a sort of sad look, exactly how jimin wanted it to be. in the far distance you couldn't tell if the body displayed a pose of serenity or the state of insecurity. jimin wanted this to be a confusing piece because of the story behind it.

jimin finds himself at the same cafe he was at yesterday, and flashbacks to the things that happened last night jumped inside his mind.

it wasn't wednesday, but jimin walks in anyway convincing himself that he only wanted to check if the book he was reading was in the same spot.

the crowd inside the small area wasn't so big today. people were scattered in different areas like a checkerboard. jimin swiftly makes his way to the library, trying to busy himself as his intentions were not actually the book.

jimin nonchalantly looks around, every boy he sets his eyes on making the tip of his fingers tingle, thinking it was someone else. a few seconds later he gives up, beginning to turn around but the hard figure he bumps into sends him tripping once again looking foolish. he lifts up his head, his heart rising with it.

"hello to you again," says taehyung, licking his dry lips and setting jimin back to his feet. jimin dusts himself off like a person would in a movie and looks at him, blinking.

"i didn't think you'd be here." jimin hopes this would push away the embarrassment off his face, but the heat that was radiating off of him told him otherwise.

"i had to come in for someone who called in sick. but you would've been right, because i'd be at home sleeping right now." jimin watches taehyung as he yawns silently and shakes his head a bit to move the hair out of his eyes. "have you come back to finish your book?"