Chapter 7

This is Carter.

You'll get to know more about him later in the book.

Thank you again for all the support.
Please comment and vote
Thank you :)

Bye:)

Ronna's POV

I felt uncomfortable as he kept on staring at my thighs. I tried tugging the dress to at least reach my knees but it was unsuccessful.

" Can you stop staring.Its making me uncomfortable."I said breaking the silence.

"Oh I'm sorry.I didn't mean it bellisimo."
I was silent for a while before speaking.

"Why do you call me beautiful? Why do you like me you barely know me? And why me? There are so many other girls in the world ."

He let out a short laugh.
"Ronna you are a beauty.No one can deny that. I like you because you are feisty and gorgeous and beautiful. You are right, I don't know you but I want to get to know you but you're always with Dario," I saw his eyes fill with anger," why you? Because I don't know I'm attracted to you."

I let out a short snort, "no you're attracted to my body. Your eyes tell it all."

"I'm not. Maybe a little but that doesn't change the fact that I like you."

Silence filled the car again.
"I spend time with Dario because unlike you he cares. He's shown me around and he buys me small unnecessary gifts and unlike you he is nice to me and he doesn't look at me like he want to undress me and have sex with me."

He was silent and I knew he was processing what I had just told him.
"I'm sorry I just didn't know how to approach you in the right way.Can I start a fresh?"

He looked at me with unsure eyes.
"Okay on one condition."

I saw him smile, "go ahead, "

"Stop watch me through the camera in my room."

"How did you know about that?"

"Your not denying. I could see it at the corner of the room.Its not small enough. Take it out and stop watching me...please."

"Consider it done," he said as he smiled at me.

We made light conversation throughout the journey to and from the mission and I learned a bit more about him like how he was an entrepreneur and a poet and how difficult it was to run the mafia during the first few years after his father made him leader of the mafia.

The mission was easier than I thought. All we had to do was to convince some dick head millionaire to give the mafia some money and support and luckily we didn't have to use our bodies although he kept on staring at my thighs and Val's cleavage.

"Join me for diner."

"Not today Emilio I'm tired." I said as I stepped out if the car.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Shower get into some sweats, watch some TV and call my mom."

"How's your family by the way?"

" They're okay. Holding up great. I should go see you tomorrow."

He drew me in for a hug and I smiled at his warm embrace and I sniffed in his strong cologne. I pulled away and smiled at him before saying goodnight and walking away.

I felt his eyes trailing me as I made my way across the wide garden and into the house.

He wasn't as bad as I thought and I felt comfortable around him.

Don't fall for him, he's still the enemy. I thought to myself as I showered.

Val had gone to diner with Nicolò and the girls had gone to the clubs or were on dates with their significant others.

I called my mother and we talked for a while until she handed her phone to Carter my nephew.
I broke into tears when I heard his voice.

"Ron , are you there?"
"Yeah ..i just...I've missed you so much"
"Me too"

We went on talking about his life mainly and how he finally talked to his crush and how much he hated school and wished he could drop out and take up a career in Swimming, which he loved and was really good at.

I then got to talk to my brother, Thomas named after my father and he didn't say much apart from I miss you because he was only three years and he couldn't comprehend what was going on.

The call ended and I smiled at myself.
I was going to get my family back. We were going to have a normal life at last.

It was past midnight and I decided that Val wasn't going to come or any of the girls so I went up to sleep.

I then got a text from a number I had never seen saying 'goodnight'.

Its him.

I replied ' stop watching me.'

'Okay. I'm sorry.'

I prayed and after thinking and over thinking as usual. I finally fell asleep.