Prologue

** This book is now uploaded in full since I have since gotten the publishing rights back to the series. Enjoy!! **

She killed herself.

Everyone asked why, why would she have done it? She'd had everything a girl could want. She was a junior, dated the quarterback, and had a gaggle of friends. Everyone aspired to be like her, Little Miss Perfect, the All American Girl. Blonde, beautiful, bubbly, and all those other B words that made me gag and want to puke. Jenny had no reason to even think of killing herself, but she'd done it. That fact was undeniable. When I got my hands on her diary, though, I understood exactly why.

Now, six months later, I stared at the girl in the mirror as I removed my nose ring. Gone was the black hair, replaced by golden blonde locks that made my sapphire blue eyes shine and my California sun-kissed skin glow. The Goth chic clothes had been put away, and I wore a pink tank top and a pair of khaki colored Capris. Stylish sandals completed the outfit. I wanted to barf.

They were all going to pay for my sister's death. By the end of the week, they'd be praying to whatever god they worshipped to hide them from the hell coming for them.

I swore an oath to my sister the day I finished reading her journal. Retribution would be hers. She would be avenged, or my name wasn't Melinda Rose James.

May the Fates have mercy upon them all, because they would pay the same price they'd demanded of her.

Their lives.