Chapter Seventeen

~ Jenny ~

January 24, 2013

Sebastian and I have been going out for a couple weeks and I don't think his friends like me very much. I'm not the kind of girl he usually dates. I'm not supermodel gorgeous, but not I'm not ugly either. Their attitude pisses me off, but I try not to say anything or make a fuss about it. They're his friends, have been his friends since before kindergarten. They look down on me though, and they stare at me with this disdain in their eyes. No one's ever looked at me like that.

Mandy's the worst. When Sebastian first introduced me to everyone, she flat out told him I wasn't good enough for him with me standing right there! He kind of laughed it off, which upset me, but later he told me that she has issues with new people. Some kind of phobia he said and to not take it personally. How can you not take that personally? She looked at me like I was less than dirt. I mean, sure, my dad doesn't make millions every year like hers does, but he makes decent money. I have everything that I need and I may not have diamonds coming out of every orifice of my body, but I'm just as good as she is!

It really bothered me that Sebastian didn't defend me to his friends, that he laughed it off. I mean, I don't want to cause trouble between them, but I'm his girlfriend. He's supposed to take up for me, to tell them to stop acting like idiots and leave me alone. That's what boyfriends do, but he didn't. I'm not even sure he understands why I was so upset. He even got hateful with me when I tried to explain it to him and stormed off. He's known them longer than me, but at the same time, I'M HIS GIRLFRIEND!

Then I feel really bad because Sebastian is so good to me. He's sweet and kind and tells me how happy he is every day. I overlook a lot of his mood swings because of this. I mean, he can be hateful sometimes, especially when I get a little clingy. He doesn't like that. He prefers a girlfriend who's independent and doesn't rely on him so much. We do spend a lot of time together, and he's awesome usually, but sometimes, he can snap at me for no reason. I think I've shed more tears the last two weeks than I have in four years. I don't like that. It shouldn't be like this, but everyone tells me how lucky I am to have The Sebastian Caine as my boyfriend. And I feel like that most of the time.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being stupid. I want to talk to Mel, but I'm afraid she'll tell me I am being stupid and to dump his ass. The fact that I've thought about that makes me wonder if maybe I should. I feel so confused. He makes me feel confused. One second he's loveable and looks at me like I'm the only important thing in his universe, and in the next breath, he can tell me how stupid I'm acting or to stop being worthless and just do as I'm told.

Should I break up with him? I don't know. It's thesofter side of him that makes me hesitate. It's that side of him that I'mfalling hard for. Maybe I'll just give it a little time and see. Yeah, I'lljust wait for a little while and see if it gets better. He is Sebastian Caine and he's normally really sweet to me. I can givehim and us more time.