chapter 9.

~Daniel’s POV~

I felt someone putting their hand in my pocket thinking it was Maddy I didn’t open my eyes when I heard Valarie’s voice talking to Maddy I opened them, Valarie was on the other side of the bed whispering to Maddy.

What’s going on here, why aren’t you in bed Valarie?  She looked at me, too scared to speak she grabbed her heavy ball and chain and ran back into her room and pulled the blankets over her head. I wonder what she was saying to her. So I turned into the direction where Madelyn was and asked her, why was she here? … Her eyes opened up wide, she just needed to talk to me. I shook my head. About what? She twiddled her fingers. Just small talk, nothing big. Why do you need to know everything we do? I laughed and slapped her hard. Maybe because family’s don’t keep secrets! She looked at me with such disgust. You’re not my family; get that through your head! She screamed. I slapped her again and blood came from her face she jumped out of the bed.

~Madelyn’s POV~

Wow, he really thinks we’re a family. How pathetic. My face was bleeding, it hurt so much!

I remembered while he was yelling all this time of how much I miss my mother. My other friends I got so angry got up from the bed and ran as fast as I could into Valarie’s room. I grabbed her and ripped her out of the bed. She screamed thinking it was Daniel and Kyle woke up terrified. Give me the key; we’re getting out of here. She grabbed the key from her pocket and gave it to me. It was like our whole lives depended on this one key. I ran out Valarie and Kyle coming after me. It was hard because he still had the damming chain and ball connected to our feet.  Daniel had stopped Valarie and punched her in her face.