Chapter Twenty Three

She gazed outside the window watching as the heavy raindrops rolled down the window.
"I anticipate a meeting with her sooner than later," she called out to him," she deserves to know the truth."
"I'm sure you will se her within the next 24 hours," he replied. "I am certain of that."
She turned around to face him, his certainty making her feel eerie.
"And why do you say that?" she asked. "What gives you such confidence that your daft plans of capture will not get her killed?"
She comes to her feet, taking a step with every word she speaks.
"She is in another country," she continued. "How are you going to get her here within the next day?"
He chuckled. "You'll see... you'll see."

"Get up!"
The voice of the individual is that of a man's voice, the voice also having hints of a foreign accent within. I obey the man, getting to my feet and placing my hands on the back of my head. The man pushes me forward towards the cars that await near the side of the road while pointing the gun towards the house. At least he's not pointing it at my head.

"So you are Alexandra Maria Alvarez?" the man asks casually, despite being in a situation where gunshots are being heard and tremors in the ground are being felt.
I nod.
"Hmm..." the man pauses to think. "You know why we are here?"
"No," I reply nervously, "I still don't know who you are."
The man seems are gentle now and begins to guide me to the cars rather than pushing me forward.
"You have somehow leaked Government secrets of operation Gok," the man answers.
"What?" I ask, puzzled.
"Okay then, operation G-O-C. Operation GOC."
"What's that?"
"You find out within a matter of hours."

The man leads me to an open door of a black BMW and invites me to get in. I do as he commands, after all, there seems to be no point in fighting back. I seem to have lost...

The man closes the door and the car drives off, leaving him in the front yard of the house. Loneliness engulfs me; I was starting to feel more comforted around him, but now it seems like I am a captured person in a Hollywood movie. Regardless of this, I must stay strong.

"So Miss Alvarez," someone in the front seat of the car says. "How are you today?"
"Why do I have the utmost pleasure of your company?" I retort with sarcasm.
The man laughs a fake laugh. "She's got wit, that's for sure."
The driver laughs at the man's comment. I roll my eyes.
"I don't know about the brains though."

I am so over playing this game.

With rage, I reach forward and pull the handbrake, the car lurching and screeching to a complete stop. I hear the sound of squealing brakes behind the car, as well as a gasp from the driver. The other man seems surprised also.

"What the hell is this crap you are talking about?!" I demand.
"You almost got us into an accident!!" the driver yells.
"I don't care!!" I scream.

Silence fills the car for the next few seconds, the driver and myself exchanging glances of disgust. The other man is still looking away, seeming to be slightly amused with the whole incident. He looks towards the driver.
"Why aren't you driving off?" he asks.
The driver composes himself before pushing the handbrake down and continuing on with driving. The other man turns to face the front of the car.

"You are indeed one very good actress," he sneers, "You know very well what's going on, so don't try to hide it."
I roll my eyes. "Listen to me genius, I have absolutely no idea how I have managed to leak Government secrets to the extent where another war will break out!!!"
The man laughs. "You tell me genius, how on earth did you leak Government secrets?!"
"You... tell... me!" I snap back.
"Okay then!!" The man turns to face me. "I'll tell you! This whole incident began the moment you walked out of the door of your father's house! Ever since then, you have been on the loose and endangering yourself to what's around you!!
"Within the next twenty four hours, which was between you leaving home and you arriving in this country, confidential Government information on operation G.O.C have been leaked!! When I say secrets have been linked, I mean absolutely everything about this operation has been leaked! Whether if ranges from who this operation is targeted towards, to the whole cost of the whole operation and even to who will be involved in this whole operation!! So, you tell me how you managed to obtain this information and leak every single secret to absolutely everyone!!"

Silence is what comes next. We sit in silence for the next five minutes while I try to take in what has been said and what I might have done to cause this. There's only one small problem, I've done nothing. I don't know how everything has been leaked, let alone why I am in this car.

"Um..." I pause. "Where are we going."
"To your grandmother," the driver responds.

I gasp in shock. "But she's dead. She suffered the death penalty because she killed my own mother."
"No." The other man turns around in his seat. "Your father made up that lie for you to hate your grandmother and believe your mother to be dead."