Chapter Eleven

We arrived... I was dragged to my room... put under heavy surveillance... happy days...not!

I am now sitting in my room under maximum surveillance, not even allowed to switch the television on. Thomas is in my hotel room with me, helping himself with the food in the kitchen, checking on me every minute. Once again, I am bored, so I decide to have a shower to try to pass the time. I rip open my suitcase and pull out my pyjamas, throwing my clothes all over the place. I don't care about making a mess, after all, I would be leaving most of this junk during my escape.

Oh yeah, my escape.

Keeping this in mind, I grab a pair of tights and a shirt to put under my pyjamas, hoping the pyjamas would keep my other clothes concealed. I walk to the bathroom and dump by stuff on the bathroom cabinet. I close the door, however, the door gets jammed. I try to force it shut, but it won't budge. I walk outside the bathroom and find Thomas holding the door open.
"Do you mind?!" I snap.
"I must insist!" Thomas snaps back.
"Can I have some privacy?!" I exclaim.
"How do I know you won't try to escape?" Thomas asks.
I take a deep breath. "Because it doesn't look like it, does it?! Plus... why would I be that stupid?!"

Thomas sighs in defeat. "Fine, then leave the door open."
I gasp. "No!"
"Then I'll have no choice but to stand in the bathroom with you. Strict orders from your father."
I notice Thomas is still holding the door open, which means I can't possibly close it.
"No, I'm not leaving the door open!" I insist.
"Alexan-," Thomas begins.
"NO!" I interrupt.
Thomas walks away, cursing at me. I smile behind his back and quickly slam the bathroom door.

It feels so good to wash, to get all that essence of Nick off me. Nick, that scum whose help I would probably need soon. I hope things won't get to that, despite this, needing Nick's help seems inevitable. I look around the bathroom for an escape route and find a window. I couldn't go now; I'm not prepared and have nowhere to go. If I am to escape, then I will need to have a game plan. So far, there is nothing. It seems as if all my escape hopes have died down and are unreachable, which leaves me with no choice to go back to my wretched life. Despite this, there is still a glimmer of hope that shines through me and gives me the strength to not fall to a mess.

I shut the shower off and dry myself. There is a loud knock on the door that startles me.
"What?!" I call.
"Hurry up, will you?!" Thomas exclaims.
"Hold on!"
I quickly finish drying myself and pull my tights and shirt on. I chuck my pajamas over the top and viciously brush my teeth. The door is opened while I spit out my last mouthful of water.
"You took long enough," Thomas grunts.
"Why is any of your business?!" I ask, agitated. "It looks like I can't get away from any of this privacy stuff!"
Thomas sighs. "Your safety is not concerning you, is it?"
I roll my eyes.
Thomas walks away. "Off to bed now."
I open my mouth to say something, however, Thomas beats me to it.
"Your wellbeing, not mine," he interrupts.
"Ever since when have you been my parent?!" I exclaim.

With this, I stalk off into my bedroom, flick the light on and shove my mess back into my suitcase. What else am I supposed to do?

I flick the light off and flop down on my bed, officially giving up on escaping. There is no way I will be able to escape tons of security officers, the hardest one being Thomas himself. Then there's the question of where I'm supposed to go however, anywhere is better than here, being baby-sat.

I really wish 'Gabriel' was real.