Chapter Twenty Five

"What the hell was that for?!" I yell, my face stinging.
My grandmother walks off quickly. "I thought you said that you found my daughter!!" my grandmother yells whilst turning around to face me. "Not this... this... thing!!"
I take a few steps towards my grandmother, however, my grandmother storms off.
"What did I ever do to you?!" I retort. "I did not even know you were alive!! My father always told me you as well as Mum were dead!!"
My grandmother stops in her tracks, turning around to face me. Her facial expression has softened.
"So your father was the one who poisoned your mind?" she asks sternly. I cringe when she says the word "poisoned."
"Yes," I answer, going along with the flow. "He poisoned me to believe Mum died in some freak accident when she and him divorced. He said that you went with her to help her along her way."
My grandmother considers this. "Well, with such a feeble mind, I do see reasons to believe you. Perhaps I should tell you what really happened."
I stay silent, waiting for my grandmother to continue to direct the conversation.
"Have a seat," she says, gesturing to a lounge nearby," Whatever your name is."
I take offence to this. "Well, how are you supposed to know my name if we have not had a proper introduction."
My grandmother sighs. "I am Maria Alvarez, your mother's name is Maria Alvarez, and I would imagine you to have a similar name."
"Alexandra Maria Alvarez," I say while taking a seat on the lounge. "I was given my mother's nam-"
"Yes, that's obvious," Maria interrupts, taking a seat on the lounge opposite me. "Now, where do we start? Lets go from the beginning, with your father's poison.
It all started with your father's rather stupid idea of world conquest. 'Controlling the world from my fingertips' is what he would always repeat like a parrot. So h-"WHAT?!" I interrupt.

I am in shock