Chapter 10

Clara's POV

Standing in shock was helping no one but Westley must have heard me enter as he quickly scrambled for his clothes. Of course the woman grabbed her dress and took off further into the barn. Wow talk about being a coward. I lean against the door frame knowing the moment he comes to close to me I will take action.

"It's not what it looks like." Westley tries to explain to me while quickly putting his clothes on. "She's just a random girl she meant nothing to me."

"You're just digging your grave deeper." I reply to him as he finishes dressing and starts to walk my way. "Women are not just tools that men can get pleasure out of then leave, you truly are despicable."

Turning to leave he grabs my arm and my body reacts just as someone else enters the barn. Without looking I turn and punch Westley right in the jaw and he stumbles backwards just for a moment. Regaining his position Westley looks at me like I had just hit a royal. He is about to walk forward again but the person who entered comes to stand before me.

"Westley, you will have some explaining to do to Tom and you had better pray that he lets you keep your job for it will be entirely up to him. I would hate to think I employ someone like you but I highly suggest you keep away from every woman here or you will regret it." Jane tells him in a very stern voice.

Jane turns around and takes my arm leading me out of the barn. I had so many emotions running through my head at this point I didn't know which one to focus on or what to do about them. Walking back inside the house we could hear three people talking. I looked at Jane confused but all she did was give me a friendly smile and a wink. We walked into the sitting room and there stood and woman and man I had never met before with Fanny talking their ears off.

"Ah this must be the young woman you were speaking of." the man says walking up to Jane and myself.

"Yes, this is Clara. Fanny why don't you go for a short walk? I would like to discuss something with just these three." Jane suggest, with a confused nod Fanny stands and walks out of the room and I begin to feel like I am in trouble.

"So you are like me then are you not? I mean you aren't from this time period?" the woman asks rising from the sofa.

"No, I am from the year 2015. What year were you from if you don't mind me asking?" I ask her curious to know where the woman was originally from.

"Not at all, I am from 1943. Quite a change to come to a time like this isn't it?" she asks me with the same kind of friendly tone Jane does. "I know my dear that things are quite confusing right now but when I came here I took this as God sending me to my rightful time period. I did not bode well in my own time but here oh here I have had the greatest adventure of my life. Forgive me this is my husband Thomas Heartwell." 

I smile at the man who nods at me and then continues talking to Jane. So this was a woman from somewhat close to my time period yet she chose to stay here? I mean I guess a part of me could understand why but wouldn't she miss anything from her time? What could have been so strong to make her stay here in this time?

"I bet you are wondering why I stayed and didn't try and get back to my own time?" she asks me because obviously I had been silent too long.

"Yes, well I mean I understand you credit God but there is a big time difference between the times." I say as we begin to walk about the room.

After explaining to me that her family had died in the war and that she was left homeless and poor with barely and food I began to understand the reason why she had decided to stay. After all now she had a home, a husband and anything she could ever want. I still felt sorry for her through. All because of WWII she lost everything but regained it in this time.