Envy (Pokemon)

Envy

Prologue

He Came Unnoticed

My name is Day. I live in a forest in Kanto with my twin brudder Night. We're two years old. We dunno what parents are. Oh! And we live with our Poky Mon. I have a Plusle named Ruby and a Pichu named Jewel. Night's gotta Eevee named Jasper and a Minun named Topaz. (I dunno why we haveta learn howda talk, but Ruby and Topaz taught us.)  We're gonna live togetwer forewver!

 ------------

 "Daayyyy!" Night whined, "That wasn't nice!"

 Day giggled, running away from Night, "You can't catch me!!"

 "Ya right! You dunno anything! Come on, Jasper! Let's show Day what we can do!"

 "N--" Day managed to yell before her twin brother's Eevee tackled her gently. Night quickly climbed on top of her once she was down, smiling gleefully. Day was laughing so hard that she was almost wheezing. Hearing squeals and the cries of "Yeah! Let's join in too!" of Ruby and Topaz as they rushed toward the pile, the little girl groaned halfheartedly.

 "Ruby--"

 “The more the merrier!” Ruby cried before she flung her tiny body on top of Night. Topaz followed in suit. The whole pile burst into giggles once the electric Pokemon were on top.

 “Okay! Lemme go!” Day giggled, “I can't breathe!”

 Once the unneeded weight finally slid off of her, Day sat up with a huge smile on her face. Night sat in front of his sister with Jasper on his head; his mouth turned up in his lopsided smile he always wore when he was cheerful. They looked at each other, and fell over laughing, hard. Jasper jumped off before he could crash into the ground. Ruby and Topaz started giggling along with their friends, and soon even solemn Jasper was smiling.

 The bush rustled in front of the laughing Pokemon and humans. A little Pichu popped out gracefully. Glancing from Ruby and her brother, Topaz, to Day and Night, she smiled. Day glanced up and, through tears, noticed her.

 “C-come on, Jewel!” Day giggled, “Come and join!”

 The Pichu nodded and sat down beside Jasper, still smiling. They remained like this for the rest of the day, carefree and happy. Finally, as dusk was setting in, Day sighed and sat up from where she was drawing in the dirt. Jewel had fallen asleep beside her while Ruby and Topaz had fallen asleep on top of each other a few feet away. Jasper was on Night's head and watching the boy draw. Day yawned and picked up Jewel.

 “I'm gonna go to sleep now, Night,” she said, standing up. Walking over to the pile of Topaz and Ruby, she picked them both up in her free arm. Day wandered towards her tree that she and Night usually slept in. Night quickly scrambled up to follow his twin sister; Jasper held onto his head for dear life. Once he reached her, Night took the cheering Pokemon. Day scalded the tree quickly then reached down and took Ruby and Topaz. Night was beside the girl in a few seconds. She smiled sleepily at her favorite twin brother and, laying down on the branch, snuggled up to him. Night laid down and followed her example, just like every time they slept. Closing their eyes in unison, they fell asleep with smiles on their faces.

Yawning, Day blinked open her eyes to welcome the morning. She smiled and sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

 “Nighttt~” she sang, poking her brother, “Time ta get upppp~”

 He groaned and rolled over, “No.”