Chapter Three: Unova?

Envy
Chapter Three (Day)

Unova?

I stared, not quite sure what to say. Unova? I've heard of Kanto, of course, Johto because it's connected to Kanto, the large island of Hoenn thanks to Topaz and Ruby, and Legendary-filled Sinnoh, but I've never heard of Unova, if that was even a region.

 “What is. . . Unova?” I asked. Suddenly getting an idea, I knelt down. Shifting Topaz to my right arm, I started drawing a picture in the dirt. What I was drawing was the Pokemon I had seen fly off with the strange man and Night. Although the dirt had no color except brown, I couldn't help but remember the colors.

 The Pokemon had three heads. It had, if I remembered right, six thin, black wings on its back each of which ended in two points. On the Pokemon's neck was a dark purple-pink colored flower-like collar that opened to its head. The main head was a dark blue and its eyes were black with dark purple-pink pupils. Its hands, also black, had a head in each one; these heads were also blue with black eyes. There were small collars on the inside of the Pokemon's hands. On its stomach were two purple-pink stripes. Its feet looked like they were strips of human ribbon, having no claws and two or three small toes. Its tail also had a dark purple-pink stripe with a black tuft on the end of it.

 I stood up; I looked up at Jace's somewhat confused face.

 “Do you know this Pokemon?” I asked, pointing.

 I followed his gaze as he studied my drawing. He tilted his head suddenly and hid his face with his hair. Jace almost seemed like he was quietly laughing, or was just completely amazed. I was so confused. I tilted my head, watching him closely. He glanced back at me.

 “You've. . . seen this Pokemon?” he asked, shaking his head in disbelief (at least, that's what I thought). “You keep amazing me, Day. First you talk to Pokemon, then draw an amazing picture, then show me a picture of a Pokemon I've only heard of.”

 “But, do you know this Pokemon?”

 “Yes I do. It's known as Hydreigon, and it's a very, and I mean VERY, rare Pokemon. Most barely even catch a glance of it.”

 I mentally smiled. So this Pokemon was in Unova, right? I opened my mouth to ask the human a question, but Jace kept talking.

 “Hydreigon is also really strong. It's almost as strong as a Legendary Pokemon! How on earth did you stumble across it?”

 “Is it. . . is it in Unova?”

 “Yes.”

 “Can I. . . can I go to Unova?”

 Jace grinned. “I asked that question to you already, didn't I? Of course!”

 My lips turned up slightly, but I didn't smile. Jace watched me before glancing down at the green Pokemon. “So. . . Vine, can you let me go?”

 Vine laughed. “Ssssorry, Jaccce,” she hissed with an amused glint in her red eyes. Unwrapping her green, leave-like tail, she nodded to me.

 “Do you mind telling Jaccce to put me in my Pokeball?” Vine asked me.

 Pokeball? What was that?

 “Jace. . .” I said, speaking his name for the first time. His smile brightened. “Vine wants to be out in her. . . Pokeball.”

 “Oh. Right,” he said sheepishly. Turning to Vine, he pulled out a white and red ball. Vine touched her head to it, and she suddenly was a glowing red color. Vine, with a soft sigh-like sound, became that red light and grew smaller and smaller. The red and white ball – a Pokeball, right? – opened and the red light that was Vine was absorbed into it. I almost cried out, but Arch, who had been flying slowly towards me all this time, landed on my shoulder with a grunt.