Chapter Six: Team Plasma's First Appearance

Envy

Chapter Six (N)

Team Plasma's First Appearance

Today, my father was going to tell the world about Team Plasma. This was Team Plasma's first appearance in Unova. He was going to start with Accumula Town. I was going to follow along and watch the humans' reactions after Father and the grunts left; I would then report what happened.

 I flew on my father's Hydreigon, landing in a forest next to the town. I returned him and walked out, looking as if I had just arrived. I wandered to the entrance of the Dreamyard, looking as if I was just watching the forest,giving Hydreigon's Pokeball to a undercover grunt as I passed him. I had Purrloin and Zorua with me, but I had be told not to let Zorua out even if I was challenge to a battle. Zorua hated battling, as did I, but he would fight if I told him too.

 I watched the people walked about. A woman looking like the professor of Unova entered the town with three new trainers behind her. She started showing the three around, and led two girls into the Pokemon Center while the third, a boy, stayed outside. I eyed them carefully. If they were new trainers, they must hear Team Plasma's speech. They could stop trapping their Pokemon before their journey was even started!

 Out of the corner of my eye, I saw grunts trooping in from Route Two. I turned, watching, as seven grunts lined a hill in the middle of the town. The two on the end placed a flag with Team Plasma's signal on it, and they stood at attention. The few people walking around the streets noticed them and paused, whispering among themselves. They started to form a crowd, and I followed their lead, not wanting to be caught as an outsider.

 My Father stood in the back of the grunts, hiding himself from the crowd. Once many people were in front of him, my father starting coming closer. I eyed the Pokemon Center, seeing the brown-haired girl come out by herself. She saw the crowd and, with a confused look on her face, wandered up to the boy who had stayed outside. He glanced back, noticing her, and spoke. I was too far away to hear the, so I went just a bit closer to them: about two people away. No one noticed me; for, my father started to speak.

 “My name is Ghetsis. I am here representing Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to talk to you about Pokemon liberation,” he began, ignoring the gasps of surprise and confusion in the crowd. My father slowly paced to the right side of the crowd and faced them. “I'm sure most of you believe that we, humans and Pokemon, are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other. However. . . Is that really the truth? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans. . . only assume that this is the truth?” He walked back to the middle of the crowd. “Pokemon are subject to the selfish commands of Trainers. . . .They get pushed around when they are our "partners" at work. . . . Can anyone say with confidence that there is no truth in what I'm saying?” The people in the crowd murmured to each other, not knowing how to answer the question. I smiled softly; Father was giving the speech that I had made up perfectly, even though he was adding his own questions into it. He paced to the left of the crowd and faced them. “Now, ladies and gentlemen, Pokemon are different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility toward these wonderful beings called Pokemon?" The crowd muttered many“What could it be?” and “Liberation?”. My father smiled and wandered back to the middle. "That's right! We must liberate the Pokemon! Then, and only then, will humans and Pokemon truly be equals. Everyone, I end my words here today by imploring you to consider the relationship between people and Pokemon... and the correct way to proceed. We sincerely appreciate your attention."

 The two grunts on the end packed up the flags quickly and rejoined the line. The grunts turned and split in two: three went to the left and three went to the right while one in the middle stayed where his was. My father walked a few steps until he was between the lines and behind the grunt in the lead. The grunts on the sides quickly went forward, or backward depending on where they were, and trooped towards Route Two. Everyone watched, silent, as Team Plasma left.