Chapter Five: New Region and Human Friends

Envy

Chapter Five (Day)

New Region and Human Friends

Today was the day that we would leave to Unova, and I still haven't told Jasper, Ruby, or Jewel yet. Topaz kept giving me looks of expectation whenever I opened my mouth to speak to everyone. I just, I just can't tell them! I know I should, but I don't want to lose anyone's friendship or trust. I can't. . . . I can't tell them.

 I slowly walked back to the tree with eight Oran Berries in my arms. I munched on the ninth one as I collected my thoughts. I am going to tell everyone right now that we were going to meet up with a human and fly to Unova with him to find Night.

 That doesn't sound that bad, right?

 I dropped the berries on the already huge pile of Pecha Berries. I shook my head, amused. Jewel was always a fan of the pink berries.

 “DAAAAAAYYYYY!” Speaking of which, here comes the Pikachu now. I turned, not expecting to get tackled by her. I grunt and almost lose my balance.

 “Good Arceus Jewel! Don't go tackling someone when they have no clue what you're yelling about!” I joked, rubbing her head.

 “Sorry,” she said, climbing onto my head, “You're just always thinking more than usual, so I wanted to get your attention.”

 She's notice I'm thinking more? Wow.

 “What are you thinking about?”

 I sighed and slid down to sit and lean against the tree we slept in. I couldn't help but wonder how I was going to tell Jewel. Would she freak out and spill everything to Jasper and Ruby?

 “Jewel. . . .” I started out slowly. “Um, well, I've, uh, I've met a human. Two times now.”

 There was a few minutes of silence before Jewel giggled. I was shocked. She was. . . laughing?

 “So that's where you've been,” she giggled.

 “Y-you're not mad?” I stuttered.

 “Of course not. You are a human, Day. I knew that one day that you would have to meet your own kind and not talk to Pokemon forever.”

 Her words stung. Jewel didn't think of me as one of them? I wasn't part of her family? I was just a human girl she met tenfour years ago?

 “I'm just a human girl. . .” I whispered to myself, forgetting that Jewel had amazing hearing.

 “Just a human girl? Oh no, you're one of my best friends!” she exclaimed, climbing down to my shoulder and hugging my head. “I love you Day, and you will always be one of the only humans I love.”

 I grinned, picking her up and hugging her. “So I guess Night is the other human you love?”

 “Yep! One day, let's all be a family again!”

 “I think that dream will be made real sooner than you.”

 Jewel gave me a confused look from my arms. “What do you mean?”

 “I know where Night is.”

 “What? Really? Where?!”

 I paused for effect, but also because I was afraid what Jewel would do. She was the type to blurt out secrets I've told her to keep a, well, a secret.

 “Don't tell no one, and I mean no one, okay?”

 “Why why why?”

 “I want to tell them by myself.”