Chapter Two: The Little Girl. . . .

Envy

Chapter Two (N)

The Little Girl. . . .

 My name is Natural Harmonia Gropius, but I am known as N. I am the son of Ghetsis Harmonia, and the younger brother of Anthea and Concordia. My best friends are – were – Darmanitan and Woobat, but they have long passed. My most trusted partner, and friend, is Zorua, who was a gift from my father when I turned five years old. It has now been eleven years since that day, and today is when I turn sixteen years old.

 I am ready for this day, but something has been bugging me. Buried deep in my mind, there lies a figure of a girl. Every birthday, no matter what, I remember her. Her face only has a happy smile while bangs cover her eyes where I cannot see them. She is merely a memory of my past, a little figure I have barely any memory of. I think she had lived with me when I was found by Father, but I am not sure. Father has not mentioned her. Is he keeping this mysterious girl a secret from me, so I do not go and search for her? I am not sure. I wish to meet this little girl.

 I yawned, opening my eyes. There was a small candle in the corner of the room I slept in, causing shadows on my dark walls. I almost rolled over, but something furry and warm stopped me. Zorua was sleeping on my stomach, completely out. I smiled softly, and rested my head on my hands and stared at my ceiling as the fan rotated around and around.

 Today was my sixteenth birthday, and Father said that he was going to give me another Pokemon. I knew that this Pokemon was going to be hurt by humans, because all Pokemon are hurt by humans. Zorua was no exception.

 He had been whipped and attacked by humans. Zorua managed to escape, and fled to the forest where I had lived. If only Father had not found me before, I would have found Zorua. For two days, Zorua lay in the forest, dying from blood loss. Father just happened to find him on my birthday, and took him in. He showed me Zorua, and I spoke to him, wanting to help. I earned his trust quickly, and he became my best friend.

 I sighed and shifted sleeping Zorua in my arms and sat up. I grabbed my hat from the desk near the top of my bed and slipped it over my green hair, then attached the block puzzle I always played with onto my belt. I always slept in my normal clothes, which had become a habit for me. I stood up, yawning. I had stayed up later last night then I usually did because I was playing with Zorua.

 I wandered over to my door, blowing the candle out as I walked past it. Zorua blinked open his eyes and was slightly surprised to see the door right in face. I smiled softly once more, and opened the door.

 I was greeted with “Happy birthday, N!” and “Happy sixteenth birthday!” from Anthea and Concordia. Zorua looked as confused as I did, but I grinned at my sisters after a second or two.

 “Thanks, guys,” I said. They smiled and hugged me tightly. Anthea took my free hand and led me away from my room. Concordia followed after shutting my door.

 “Father's got a surprise for you~!” Anthea giggled. Something about the way she said that made me think back to the little girl. I wonder what she is doing right now.

 “I think it's going to be another Pokemon,” I said, looking from my blond sister's face to my pink-haired sister. They grinned at each other and nodded.

 “Same here,” they said in unison.

 We walked on. Zorua soon jumped onto my head and laid there, his paws almost covering my eyes. I smiled softly once more. He was getting bigger everyday. We turned a corner, and my sisters stopped, nodding for me to go on by myself. I faced the large doors that led to my father's throne, and knocked. The doors opened slowly, with an old door creak, and reveled the room.