Chapter Ten: The Ferris Wheel. . .

Envy
Chapter Ten (N)

The Ferris Wheel. . .

I was in Nimbasa City on request from Father. Team Plasma had been spying on the Day Care man who worked and owned at the Pokemon Day Care along with his wife on Route Three. When he finally left it, we trailed him. It took a few weeks, but we were able to catch up with him at Nimbasa City. I watched from the entrance of the amusement park as a few grunts cornered him and started yelling. I was glad that there was barely anyone on the streets to witness this.

 “Gramps!” one grunt yelled, “We know you run the Day Care! How do we know? Because we're Team Plasma!”

 Plasma Grunts are sometimes so stupid. As I watched them, I noticed Touko just entering the city with a large smile on her face. When she saw Team Plasma and the Day Care man, her eyes hardened. Did she despise Team Plasma like so many other trainers?

 “We're taking Pokemon away from people,” the calmer one stated, “Since you work at the Day Care, we figure you must have a lot of Pokemon! Hand 'em over!”

 I watched Touko's reaction, which amused me. She quickly stepped in front of the old man and glared the grunts. The man, without a thought, accepted Touko's protection.

 “What kind of nonsense is this?!” he shouted at the grunts from behind her. I smiled to myself to see a slightly tall girl standing protectively in front of a short old man. “Strong trainer, please help me!” Touko nodded without saying a word.

 The grunts closed in on Touko. “If you're going to get in our way, we'll take your Pokemon, too!” he shouted. “Watchog, defeat this girl!”

 The grunt sent out his Watchog as the man and calmer grunt stood by. Touko just shook her head and threw a Pokeball in the air. “Blitzle!” she called, sending out the Pokemon that had defeated my Tympole.

 Blitzle stamped her feet and glared at the Pokemon, nostrils flaring. Watchog merely rolled his eyes. “Good luck beating me,” he laughed, “Do you know how many Blitzle's I've beaten?”

 Blitzle snorted. “Who cares?” she hissed, “Just 'cause you've beaten many of my kind doesn’t mind you'll beat me! I've beaten a Tympole!”

 “Tympole's are weak!”

 “I'll beat you!”

 “I'll be the one that's going to do the beating!”

 Touko, without any hesitation, called, “Thunder Wave!” Watchog almost doubled over in laughter.

 “Thunder Wave? That puny move? It does nothing!” Watchog, without a command from the grunt, used Detect. The Thunder Wave merely disappeared once it hit the move. The grunt, slightly confused for a moment, yelled out one of the stupidest move possible:

 “Low Kick!”

 If Blitzle was one of the lightest Pokemon out there, did the grunt really think Low Kick would do enough damage to knock her out? I almost face-palmed myself; instead I glanced away, almost ashamed to be his leader. When I looked back, the grunts were backing away.

 “This went downhill fast! So I think. . . We'd better. . . Ruuun! Let's hide out in the amusement park!” one shouted out dumbly, rushing towards and almost passed me. I grabbed them both and shoved them behind me; I quickly hid behind the large column, hoping Touko and the man didn't see me. I risked a peek around and saw the Day Care man giving Touko a bicycle. I saw her turn once the man was walking away (back to his Day Care I would guess) and almost start heading towards the park, but a high-pitched girl voiced stopped her, and me, from moving any farther.