Chapter 2: Dawn Nova

We are finally going to meet the girl everyone is confused about haha

Dawn's POV

My head hurt, but something was strange, I felt like I was in my body once again. I didn't feel like a virtual being anymore. I could hear voices around me. I forced my eyes to open and when I could see, I saw I was being carried by the boy who had carried me in Lyoko. Wait in Lyoko!

I wasn't in Lyoko anymore!

I screamed and he dropped me to the ground.

"Why did you scream? Nearly gave me a heart attack!" He yelled at me and I backed away a little looking all around trying to remember the place I had left ten years ago. I shivered as a cold breeze hit me. I wrapped my arms around myself. I looked at my outfit and noticed I was wearing a skirt.

"Here." A guy with brown hair and brown eyes said handing me his jacket.

"Thank you..." I muttered wrapping it around myself.

"Of course. I'm Urich. I don't think we were formally introduced, because Odd decided to get me devirtualized before we could get to your room." I shook his hand and let him help me to my feet. "That's Yumi, Jeremy, Aelita, and Odd." He said pointing from a girl with short black hair and dark brown eyes, to a boy with dirty blonde hair and glasses, to a girl with pink hair and brown eyes, and finally to the boy who was carrying me. He was wearing an all purple outfit, his hair still the same from the one it had been on Lyoko and finally he had a goofy grin on his face.

"Welcome back to Earth." He said.

"It's been a long time... I hardly remember anything from my past life here. All I really remember was going into Lyoko and then nothing until Odd, Yumi and Aelita finding me." Urich put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey that's why we're here. We want to help, right guys?" They all nodded. I smiled gently.

"Thank you." They all started walking Yumi signaling for me to come with them. I caught up to them and looked at Jeremy. "Jeremy?" He looked at me as we headed towards a tunnel leading down into the sewers. "Thank you, for bringing me back to Earth. Who knows how long I would've stayed trapped in that prison if you hadn't found the room. So thank you." He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"Don't worry about it. What is your name by the way, none of us know it yet." Everyone turned to look at me expectantly.

"Dawn... Dawn Nova..." The name coming to me quickly.

"We protect our friends, Dawn. You're one of our friends now. So we want to help you as much as we can." Jeremy said as he climbed down into the sewer.

"He's right. Yumi, do you think your folks would mind if she stayed there until we can convince the principal to let her into the school?" Urich asked Yumi.

"I don't think they'd care. Wanna come stay at my place?" She asked me with a smile.

"Sure!" I said excitedly.

"Then let's go." I climbed down the ladder and finally saw skateboards and two scooters.

"Here climb on princess." Odd said handing me a skateboard.

"I don't think I know how to ride one." Odd was already gone with Urich.

"Don't worry it's not that hard." Aelita said as she took off with Jeremy on the scooters.

"Ready?" Yumi asked. I nodded, setting the skateboard down. I realized Aelita was right, skateboarding was easy and fun. Finally we got to Yumi's house and she talked to her parents about me staying. They all came out of the living room and looked at me. Yumi was smiling brightly.

"We'd be delighted to have you stay with us until you get everything settled with the school, Dawn." I smiled brightly.

"Thank you so much, if there's anything I can do to help out around here let me know." They smiled and I followed Yumi upstairs to her room.

"Welcome to your temporary home, Dawn." I smiled at her and looked down at my clothes. "You can borrow a pair of my shorts and a tank top." She said handing me some from her drawer.

"Thanks, Yumi." She smiled and headed towards the bathroom.

"Anything for a friend." I changed quickly and sat down on my bed. She walked back in and looked at me as I looked down, thinking about how I was trapped in Sector 5 for that long period of time. What if they don't accept me into Kadic Academy, what if Xana tries to capture me again, and why couldn't I remember anything? "Dawn?" I looked up and Yumi was sitting next to me, her hand grabbing mine. I hadn't realized how tightly I had been clenching my fists and the wetness that dripped from my eyes on to my hand was new too.

"I'm sorry, I just can't get over the fact that I was trapped in Lyoko for that long. I don't have any idea of what happened to my family. Or my friends." I shivered and Yumi hugged me letting me cry.

"We'll figure all of this out, I promise."