Chapter 10: A Cure for the Core

As we all know Dawn is being tortured and destroyed by Xana as the Lyoko Warriors search aimlessly for a cure to her unknown illness, little do they know there is no cure for it.

Odd's POV

Three days have passed since Dawn has woken up. She simply tosses and turns in her sleep mumbling or more like whimpering in pain. We finally took her to the infirmary because we didn't know what to do. Jeremy had searched everywhere in Lyoko for a cure, but it just didn't exist.

After class on that third day I headed off to the infirmary to see Aelita and Jeremy standing outside the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked and they looked at me excitedly.

"We think we found a cure for Dawn's illness, but we have to get her to the factory and into the scanner." Jeremy stated proudly. My spirits boosted and I smiled brightly for the first time in three days.

"Really? We can save her?" They nodded and then I realized why they were waiting outside the infirmary. "But the only problem is she's in the infirmary. We have to figure out a way to spring her loose so we can get her to the factory, but how?" I wondered.

"Urich and Yumi are going to create a diversion so we can get her out of here without anyone noticing we were just waiting until you got here to start the plan." Aelita said and then typed something on her cell phone. Then Jeremy started banging on the door frantically.

"Please Nurse Yolanda we need your help." He called and finally the door opened.

"Jeremy, don't you know that Dawn is trying to recover, shouldn't you be more considerate?"

"But it's Urich, he got hurt while he was in the gymnasium, Jim should be here any minute to tell you what happened." As if on cue, Jim rushed through the double doors.

"Yolanda, Urich Stern is hurt, you have to come help him." She sighed and rolled her eyes but followed him out of the dorms. We all rushed into the infirmary and I grabbed Dawn off the bed. Her fever was getting worse every day.

"We have to hurry, she's not going to last much longer if we wait." Jeremy said feeling her head. We rushed out of the dorm and towards the factory.

"So what's this cure you two found?" I asked as we ran.

"Its something in the coding process, so if we were to virtualize Dawn on to Lyoko then the illness should disappear completely and she should be completely fine when she returns. But there's only one catch." Jeremy said and trailed off.

"What's the catch?" I asked.

"She has to go to Lyoko by herself for the anti-virus to work." I stopped.

"But that's sending her straight to Xana."

"I know, but if this virus continues to course through he veins then she will die. With this option at least she'll still be alive." Jeremy stated and I started to run again. I may not like this plan, but it is the only one that will save Dawn.

I finally could see the factory coming into view when I felt Dawn start to move.

"Odd, where are we going..?" She asked, her eyes opening slightly as she barely got out that sentence.

"To make you better." She shivered and then her eyes shut again.

"We have to hurry before it's too late. She only has a few more minutes." Jeremy stated again as we got inside the elevator. "I'll send her in first and let the virus cure itself, the second she's alright then I'll send you and Aelita." He said to me as he got off in the lab. Aelita and I headed downstairs to the scanner room with Dawn.