Chapter 6: Codes

So it's time we finally learned about why Xana wants Dawn.

Dawn's POV

Odd wouldn't let me out of his sight for a minute. It was as if he had realized how important I was in a second.

"Odd you don't have to follow me everywhere. I'll be fine for a few seconds." I said, hoping he'd give me a few minutes peace.

"But what if Xana tries to kidnap you again?" I sighed and sat down on the steps to the science building.

"But that doesn't mean I want to be watched 24/7. You need to let me breath a little too. I know you're worried about me, but I can take care of myself." I stated.

"What happened yesterday is proof that you can't." I froze and looked up at him. He realized his mistake a second later. "Dawn, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. I know you can take care of yourself, I'm just worried about what the scyphozoa wants from you." I got up and turned away from him.

"Well you know what? Everyone is worried about that, but no one else is following me 24/7 and saying I can't take care of myself. So leave me alone!" I yelled and rushed into the science building before he could say anything else. How could he think I couldn't take care of myself?

I sat down next to Aelita once I was in the classroom.

"Everything alright?" She asked when she saw the look on my face.

"No... I wish I had never left Lyoko..." She seemed surprised and as Odd walked in I looked away. I couldn't look at him without feeling angry all over again.

"I'm really sorry, Dawn." He said as he passed by.

"I still don't forgive you, Odd." I said and focused on Ms. Hertz as she walked into the classroom.

"Odd take your seat." She said and I heard Odd groan in protest but go to his seat without another word to me.

"Did you and Odd get into a fight?" Aelita asked once class was almost over.

"Yes, I'd rather not talk about it." That's when the bell rang. "I'll see you all later. I need some time to myself." I headed outside and towards the forest. I knew I could get into a lot of trouble leaving campus in the middle of the day, but there was something drawing me out into the forest. Like a distant memory. Maybe something would come back to me if I followed my instincts.

Finally a house came into view. On the gate's sign it read HERMITAGE. I could feel my heart start pounding as I made my way up to the front door. I opened it. The creaking echoed throughout the entire house. Was anyone living here?

My cellphone buzzed shocking me back to reality.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Dawn, it's Jeremy. I think I finally figured out what Xana wants from you. Come to the factory right away." I gave a short 'I'll be there soon' and hung up. I turned my back on the old house and rushed towards the sewer tunnel. When I got to the factory Jeremy signaled for me to come over to the supercomputer.

"So what is this about, Jeremy?" I asked, standing beside him staring at all the codes on the computer. The only good part about being trapped in Lyoko for so long is that I learned how to read computer codes without any problems.

"I figured out that there's some code in your memory that Xana desperately needs. Aelita is the same way, but what I don't know about your codes is what is so important in your memory that Xana is sending the scyphozoa after you." I looked away from him.

"Is it that hard to believe that I'm important? I know I am, but I don't know how yet." I looked down as the elevator doors opened.

"Jeremy, you called?" Urich said walking in with Odd, Aelita, and Yumi.