Chapter 12: The Savior of Two Worlds

So Dawn has disappeared on to Lyoko in hopes that she will be the only who will have to be sacrificed in the destruction of Xana. But will it really be that simply?

When I appeared on to Lyoko I quickly made my way towards the edge of the sector. I had to get as far away from Lyoko as possible before Jeremy and the others come for me. It took me a few minutes but finally I could see the edge of the sector in the distance.

"Welcome home, Dawn." I stopped and turned abruptly. I saw Xana standing there in some body he must have created in the time we were gone.

"What is it you want from me? I have no quarrel with you Xana, but if you want to get in my way then I'll stop you right here and now." He chuckled under his breath. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Why, I never said I was here to harm you in any way. I actually want to help you. You see there's something we do have in common even if you choose not to admit it." He disappeared and appeared behind me. His warm breath on the back of my neck. "We're both trapped to being digital beings forever. We can never be anything more than that, however Franz Hopper was able to gift you with the humanity that now courses through your veins. It's almost saddening to see how human you've become in such a short amount of time, Dawn. But if you will help free me from this place then I will consider letting your friends in the human world live, especially that purple cat." I froze and turned on him.

"You're blackmailing me. You only want to free yourself and then you'll destroy them, why would I help you destroy my friends and why would I free you from the one place that is your prison?" He frowned and sighed.

"I thought you were going to say that. I guess it will take some pressure to get you to give in to my demands." I heard the call of the Scyphozoa.

I turned my head slightly and saw it coming towards me from behind.

"Great, just my day..." I forced my way past Xana and started running as fast as I could away from the monster behind me, but I knew I couldn't outrun this thing. The only choice I had now was...

"Dawn!" I heard their voices. Odd, Aelita, Yumi and Ulrich. The edge of the cliff was right in front of me.

"Please forgive me..." I jumped off the ledge and started falling towards the digital sea.

"Dawn!" I saw Odd at the edge with everyone else. I could tell Xana wasn't happy either because he was standing at the edge of the cliff he signaled with his hand for some hornets to go down and grab me. I smiled lightly.

"Oh Xana, did you really think I'd help give you your freedom. You're right we are the same in some aspects, but being evil and twist that's just you..." My body started glowing a bright blue.

"That light!" Xana called out and jumped off the ledge towards me.

"Aelita, you all need to devirtualize yourselves when I say so. Don't question me or try to fight me on this. I've decided my course of action and the only way for everyone to truly be free from Xana is for Xana and I to not exist anymore." Xana was right above me at this point, I let my wings appear and grabbed his sword from his back.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled and I moved away from him quickly before he could grab me.

"Do it now..." I stated looking up at everyone.

I turned the sword around and pointed it at my chest. I could see everyone's face grow grim.

"Dawn, you can't! You'll die..." I cut Odd off.

"And take Xana and Lyoko with me... but there's one thing I have to do before I destroy everything Franz Hopper worked so hard to create." I flew up to the surface and looked down as Xana disappeared into the digital sea.