Chapter 3: William

Who is William?

Dawn's POV

I couldn't really sleep that night and as the morning came I could feel the effects of the decision. Yumi was still fast asleep as I got up and got ready for the school day. I wondered if Jeremy and the others were able to get me enrolled yet or would I have to do that myself?

"You're up early." Yumi groggily said from her place in her bed. I shrugged my shoulders and sat back down on my bed.

"I couldn't sleep. It's been ten years since I last slept in a bed." I stated, which wasn't a lie, but it wasn't entirely the truth. I hugged myself tightly as she got up and changed. I watched her go into the bathroom to shower and brush her teeth. "Hey Yumi?" I called out to her before she could close the door. She looked back at me.

"Yes?" I looked down at my feet as I stood up.

"I'm going to head to the school and see if Jeremy and the others got me enrolled yet." She nodded as I headed downstairs and finally out the front door. The walk was much needed as I was able to think about everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. It was crazy to think that I was trapped in Sector 5 for ten years.

I was going to think about it more, but I slammed into someone's back and fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry." I said looking up to see a guy with black hair and matching black eyes. He had a glare on his face as he turned to look at me, but it changed when he realized I didn't mean to do it.

"That's alright, you're new here aren't you?" He said helping me to my feet.

"Yeah, my name's Dawn and you?" I said smiling at him warmly.

"William, if you'd like I could show you around campus once you get your schedule." I looked at him shocked.

"You would? After I just slammed into you?" He laughed.

"Of course, I can understand the feeling of not knowing where you're going. Why don't I take you to the Principal's office so you can get your schedule." I was about to accept, but then I realized I didn't know if Jeremy and the others were able to get me enrolled.

"Thank you, William. But I have some other things I have to do before I go there. I'll see you later." I said rushing away making sure to wave back at him. I pulled out the cell phone that had been in my pocket when I woke up in Odd's arms and dialed Jeremy's number.

"Hello?" Jeremy answered.

"Jeremy, It's Dawn." A realization came to him as he stumbled around his room.

"Sorry Dawn, what did you need?" I giggled a little at his confusion.

"I was just wondering if you, Odd, Aelita and Urich were able to enroll me." He groaned.

"No, sorry. The Principal is being difficult. He thinks we're just trying to get our friends into the school. Maybe you should go talk to him about it." I thought about it carefully.

"I will Jeremy. I can't thank you all enough for everything you're doing for me. So I think I can get myself enrolled in the Academy without your guys help." I ended the call and started walking into the direction of what I believed was the Principal's office. I opened the door and saw a lady sitting behind a computer on her desk.

"Can I help you?" She asked once she saw me.

"Um yes, I'd like to enroll." She seemed shocked to hear that, but called the Principal, who I learned was called Mr. Delmas. He opened his door and looked me up and down.

"What's your name, young lady?"

"Dawn Nova, sir." He thought about that for a second and then opened his door for me to come inside. I walked into his office and sat down in the chair in front of his desk.