Chapter 1: Just Sarah

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Sarah, happy birthday to you!" Sung my dad and older brother. I smiled and ran up to hug them both.

"I love you guys. Now please stop with the singing, you two sound like screeching cats." I said jokingly. My brother, Adrian putting his hand to his chest pretending to feel hurt.

"Damn Sarah, I know your 18 and all now but come on. Your an adult now so we put out hearts into singing for you." My dad, Carter said. I looked at the two of them with my best 'your fucking kidding me look' and we all burst out laughing.

This is my life. I'm just Sarah, I obviously just turned 18 and I'm not like other people or werewolves in fact. I'm a hybrid on my mom's side. You see, my mom was a necromancer and dad is a werewolf and when my brother was born I have no idea how but he only has the werewolf gene and as for me, I got both genes. Dad said I have to keep it a secret from our pack, the Skyline Pack. He said that it's not very safe to explain what I am because not only would the pack outcast me but people would want to take me away and preform labs on me. But I don't see the big deal anyways, I'm already an outcast.

Everyone thinks I'm delusional because I talk to things or people that they can't see, ghosts. It's scary yet it's not. The ones that talk to me are friendly and just explain their lives and how much they regretted something causing their spirits to float around in the abyss. It's heart breaking it truly is but with my other encounters with other necromancers, they say it's not best to fulfill the spirits wishes because it'll only draw more to you and it won't be pretty. It sucks not being understood for what I am and I have no one to talk about it because I can't tell anyone. No one can know and no one will obviously care. I just wish my mom was still here, she died giving birth to me. Imagine how hard it is for my dad. I'm a constant reminder of what he lost. I have her wavy blond hair that went to my waist, hazel eyes and as my brother calls it "a killer body". Adrian is 26 and has the same hazel eyes with dirty blond hair and is well built, him and dad (43) look just alike only dad has wrinkles. ( plus Adrian is a math teacher at my school Meadow HighSchool) Dad says he's okay because mom knew she'd want us to be happy and that she would always be with us but the bad thing about having the ability to see the dead. I can't contact family.

It may not be the best life but it's mine.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, just wanting to know how you like it so far and I say this now...this is not a scam from the darkest powers trilogy in case anyone says that.

Maika Monroe as Sarah