Chapter 20: Catching Up

Adrian and I thought it would be cool to hang out with each other just for the day. So we packed everything we wanted to take with us and just drive around and find a place to camp out for the day.

"Out to adventure the world!! Will we make it back? Oh the suspense!!"

"Adrian, shit your face. You know perfectly where we are going."

"Damn Austrailia changed you."

"No it didn't, the people did."

Adrian started the car and we set out for the day. It took about two hours to get there so we decided to entertain ourselves with some music.

"Damn I love this song." Adrian turns the radio up. It was Miss Missing you by Fall Out Boy

"Don't panic, no not yet,"

"I'm not the one you want to forget et et."

We spent the next two hours singing songs. I felt that we haven't been separated for 5 years. That we always have been together. We finally made it to our site. The lake.

After setting up our chairs and bring the ice chest down we run to the lake pulling off our clothes to swimsuits.

I was wearing a blue bikini top with my blue jean shorts and Adrian only pulled off his shorts and wore cargos.

"Last one in gets dishes for a week!"

I booked it and made it before Adrian had a chance to start running.

"Ha, I'm gonna make such a mess in the kitchen for you."

"Asshole." He muttered under his breath and jumped in.

We spent the day being ourselves. Like nothing ever happened, acted like we weren't separtated. It's great to be home.

The sun went down so we set up the campfire and made some smores.

"So, about that guy when you first cane back?"

I groaned at the thought of Robbie. It hurt to think about him, my feelings for him were true. We didn't need a mate bond to be together, but he obviously had other plans to fall in bed with his true mate.

Tears stung my eyes but I blinked them back and began to speak.

"We, kinda used to date."

He almost spit his smore out.

"What. The. Hell. Do I need to beat him?"

"No. There's no need."

He scoots closer.

"Spill now."

I sat there and explained everything that went on. I told him about my training and Jerry. Oh Adrian would of loved Jerry. I continued on about my story with Robbie and you could see the veins popping out when I explained Belle.

"Wish I knew that basted sooner." He chuckled.

"It's whatever now. I'll be fine." I manage a small smile.

"Man imagine if James just heard what you said."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since you left Sar, James was so fixed on finding you. He knew he messed up but wouldn't admit for a good while. Hell, he always asked me where you were. But I couldn't give away your location. It'd be dangerous for all of us."

"You're right. Thanks for looking out for me."

"Anything for Sarah. So encountered any ghosts lately?"

"Honestly? Not really. There have been moments here and there but no I've always stayed on pack territory and nothing was buried, the cemetery was like 3 hours away."

"That must of been easy."

"It was but late at night, I would go into the forest and summon my own spirits and learn to control my power. But I love to have my wolf around, so I don't really use my necromancer side."

We dropped the conversation and spent the next 4 hours joking around like we always have. Sadly, it was time to go. Adrian didn't like leaving Shannon and Izzy alone and I completely understood that.

Today, has been a good day. I missed this. I miss being Sarah.