Chapter 28: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Belle pulled me into her arms and I cried. I kept crying saying how my baby can't be born in this ugly world because of what it can be. It won't suffer like I did. But I can't abort it I will never have the heart to. Which means, we have to act fast.

And as if the Moon Goddess heard my plea. They came for us. For me. I grab Belle's hand and run down the stairs and into the basement. I pulled part if the ground off and handed Belle a lantern.

"This leads the town a couple packs out."

"But I want to help."

"Belle, we need you to be safe. Our queen needs to be okay. I promise when this is all over Robbie will come and get you." Tears in her eyes she nods and I help her into the ground and shut the entrance.

Let's take them down

You know it.

I run onto the pack grounds to find chaos. Blood everywhere. Some of our people are down already. Mustering all my courage I decided to shift with everyone. Before I did I look to my left there's some people coming my way. I move quickly and swiftly take them down. I defended the warriors. I take down as many as possible before I feel someone jump on my back. They try biting my neck and I whimper. That's all it took for James to come running. Instantly the wolf was off my back and I felt arms surround me.

"You okay baby?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Hurry, before they catch us." I didn't look at him. I couldn't if I did then I wouldn't want him to leave. We both took off oposite directions. I see Robbie. He's surronded. I sprint towards him and tackle the wolf that just jumped at him, breaking the wolf's neck in the process. He looked at each other and gave that nod before we going at it again.

2 hours we have been fighting. 2 hours. When we though it was over. Everyone cheered but I was captured. No knew. Not yet at least. In a way they got what they wanted in the end. Me. They wanted a hybrid. I also won in a sense, they took me into the lab. I found the other hybrids.

"Now Sarah, please don't be difficult. What exactly are you?" I looked at them like they were stupid. Is that all they know is that I'm a hybrid but not know what mix?

"It depends on what you're asking. I couldn't be a witch, necro, vamp, or I couldn't just be a normal werewolf." They whipped me with a silver belt. They've been asking the same question for a couple hours already it's funny how long it usually takes for someone to snap but not me. I'll never give in. Never. As long as they don't open me up. They can't know I have a baby. Never. I'll never give up my life if it means my child goes as well.