Chapter 1, My Life

I woke to a start thanks to my alarm clock, I guess every morning deserves a heart attack before the day begins. I climbed out of bed and slipped my long, thick, black hair into a messy ponytail. I got dressed and ever so quietly went downstairs to sneak me something to eat. "Harper!" Shouted my mother her voice raspy and dry sounding like a cat choking on a hair ball and trying to talk. "Why yes mother?" I asked while tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, my tone was calm and could've came out as annoyed and cold. Luckily I have learned to bite my tongue when I want to get an attitude.

She started going into a hacking fit. Once she stopped her awful coughs she started yelling, "Harper! Go get me a damn beer and it better not be one of those cheap faulty beers, like Bud Light! Then I want you to clean this whole god damn house or else I'll get the phone cord!" I nodded my head and ran to the kitchen. I started searching in the refrigerator for a nice cold beer that wasn't cheap or tasted like shit. To be honest all beer tastes the same, they taste like shit. There was no beer in the freezer, I am officially screwed big time. That means, I'm going to be beaten.

Tears started forming in my eyes. I had this punishment before but it hurts more every time. The scars that litter my body never will have time to heal. It sucks I can't buy more beer since I'm a minor. Stupid laws! I hate you sooo much! I also hate my parents. Yeah, yeah hates a strong word. Blah blah blah, I shouldn't say hate it's offensive, yadayadaya, my parents love me so I shouldn't say hate. Well guess what bitches my parents hate me! I would be better off dead then living here with two abusive parents, and then going to my Hell of a school. Then getting abused more.

Fuck life! Fuck everything! Fuck fuck fuck! I closed my eyes and took a long deep breath, trying to calm myself before I do something I'll regret. Once I opened my eyes I could see my mother standing in front of me. She was holding a thick black wire. The phone cord. "Where's my fucking beer you little, damn, grunge?!" She slapped me across the face, what should I have expected? A gentle hug? Ha!

I heard louder footsteps coming in my direction, heavy footsteps. Those could only belong to my father. My father the one who injures me the most. I am so screwed. I should suck up my tears and say my prayer now and get ready for the immense dreadful pain of the cord. "Honey I heard yelling did the little SLUT, not get you what you requested?" My mother nodded her head yes, here comes the pain.

It never came, I looked at my parents confused. You know what this is a blessing! I took a shaky breath and looked at them. "Hun we can't hit her right now since her school. They called wondering where her bruises and cuts came from." My fathers gruff voice was firm and calm, that's a first. My mother gasped her eyes glaring at me. Her fair complexion ruined, thanks to her lack of sleep, and her smoking issue. "Why don't we drop her out of school?" I like that idea. "That way babe we can do what we like." Well fuck I would love to stay at school instead.

"Let's just let her pass this grade then we can." My father said with his gruff, husky voice, it was stern. I left the room and grabbed my torn book bag and ran out the front door. I didn't even sneak me a meal! Guess I can wait to eat. I got to the bus stop and noticed my only best friend, Trey. "Trey!" I shout and wave at him excitedly. Trey turns around looking at me with a smile. "Harper I see your parents didn't kill you yet, thank god." He said in a joking manner but I know my parents will and would kill me soon. It's only a matter of time.

"Yeah. When I do die remember me for how I was. Remember don't cry for the dead." Trey started laughing and put an arm around my shoulder. If I didn't know better I would think he was flirting with me. I know he wouldn't because he's crushing on the bully, Mattie. I wish he knew better than to like her.

Speaking of Mattie here comes the Queen Bee, the perfect little cheerleader. Flawless blonde beautiful Mattie, but she does have a flaw. She's the school slut so is the rest of the cheer-leading squad, well besides Kaiya. Kaiya is Trey's little sister who hasn't even had her first kiss nor have I. I swear that Kaiya is like my little sister, Trey's family is my family pretty much. We get along perfectly.

"Hey," Mattie says looking at us. Her gaze stops on Trey who was finger combing his hair and still had an arm around my shoulder. Way to look suspicious Trey. I shake my head slightly and could tell that Trey was going to be her next victim of 'love'. Poor Trey, falling for Mattie. "Hello Mattie!" Shouts Kaiya her bright smile shining, Kaiya then looks over at me and notices Trey's arm still draped over my shoulder. That's what Mattie was looking at not Trey.

Kaiya smiles at me and winks. I quirk a brow at her trying to figure out what she was referring to. She nudges her head to the side, she was referring to Trey's arm.  I rolled my eyes, and smiled. Like he would like me like that, he's more interested in Mattie, what boy wouldn't be? "Kaiya you ready for the big game tonight?" "Hell yeah Mattie!" I rolled my eyes I don't get how any one can stand Mattie, when it's just me and her she's an ass, when she's with a group she's all sunshine. She's fake, two faced, a liar!

I heard feet pounding on the pavement, let's see who's missing from this little reunion? Oh yeah that's right one of the schools most famous bad boys who is also one of my main bullies, Ryan Harrison. He may look hot but he's an ass and a nightmare waiting to happen. Little advice to girls everywhere, stay away from the bad boys, no matter how cute they are, they're total ass holes.

Ryan ran up to the bus stop and wrapped an arm around Kaiya's  and Mattie's shoulder. What a player. He then looked at me, his glare was ice cold, filled with so much hatred. Right now I wish he would redirect his gaze, and that I could crawl into a hole and die. I looked over at Trey and noticed he was chewing the inside of his cheek, nervous habits we all have 'em. I glanced down the road and saw the school bus coming. Hello Hell, did you miss me? Because sure as Hell did I NOT miss you!

The bus pulled into a screeching halt in front of us. As usual, Mattie and Kaiya boarded the bus to Hell first. Trey then got on the bus after Mattie and he was looking up her skirt. I was about to board the bus but Ryan grabbed me by the hair and pulled me off the bus. "Move it bitch!" He shoved me to the ground and climbed on the bus. I quickly sat up and grabbed my book bag and got on the bus.

Man oh man do I hate the bus. I walked down the aisle of the bus and was shoved by one of the jocks. I fell face first into the seat next to it, my face landed in Ryan's lap. I looked up at him my cheeks heating up with embarrassment and he looked at me with a cold menacing glare. My life is officially over now.

I quickly stood up and ran to the back of the bus and sat by Trey. I started crying silently making sure no one could hear me. I guess Trey noticed because he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around him and continued my crying. He was stroking the back of my hair and humming something, something familiar, sweet.

I stopped crying but I was still sniffling. Trey was still humming and stroking the back of my hair. He would be a good boyfriend for a sweet girl, hopefully he doesn't go for Mattie. Mattie will rip his heart out, stomp on it and turn him into a monster. I sound selfish but I don't wanna lose my  best friend my only best friend. I looked up at Trey since I was kinda on his lap, he was looking at me the whole time. Our eyes locked at this point it would be like in a movie when two people would passionately make out, but this ain't a movie it's life.

"Harper, you do know your my bestest friend right? I would and will do anything to protect you," where is he going with this? "My mom said you can move in with us." I can finally escape my at home hell and live with my best friend! This is a dream come true! "A-re you lying?" I asked my voice shaken from the sobs I was given. "No Harper I wouldn't lie about something like this." He flashed me a smile with his pearly white teeth, a sincere smile, one that he only gives, no one else gives sincere smiles around here.

He's one of the guys you can trust the most, the one who can mend a broken heart, one who can stitch your soul back together and make sure you stay here with him. The one who talks you out of suicide every single time you want to kill yourself. The one who makes you stop cutting your wrists and to make you smile even in the worst of times. He's the one. Shit he's the one, the one that every girl would dream of.

The bus driver pulled the brakes and I went launching forwards and into the seat in front of us. Luckily I was still in Trey's arms and didn't hit the seat. I almost did though. I looked up at Trey who's jaw was locked, his eyes sent an ice cold, death glare to our bus driver.

We made it to Hell or as others call it school. Trey let go of me and we started walking towards the entrance of the building. I could hear my own heart pounding not ready for what the day has in store for me. Maybe it won't be so bad? That's a thought that would make me so happy. As always I'm not lucky and the guy who's lap I fell in earlier walked in front of us. Ryan. Ryan sent a fake smile to Trey and I. What does he want? Oh shit I'm doomed.