Come closer 8

- But Justin... - She says taking his hand so he doesn’t leave yet. - Are you okay with this? Don’t you want to talk about it?

- Jen... Let's see... I'm a little... confused. I thought you trusted me and you could tell me everything...

- I'm sorry, really Jus... This seemed a little more difficult to talk about...

- We have been together a pretty long time, I've thought about it and...

- Wait, you thought about what?

- About having a baby, that's what I read in the message, what were you referring to?

- Aaah... anything, anything...

- Jen, tell me.

- Didn’t you read more of the conversation?

- No... I think I read just what I needed to read...

- Well, see... I've always wanted to have a baby, so I almost had one once. - Jen looks into his eyes so he gets the hint.

- Miscarriage? - Jen nods. Justin is surprised, he sits on the couch again in disbelief. – Who was the father?

- Brad. - Jen says sitting next to him.

- Pitt I guess, right? – He keeps trying to swallow it, he doesn’t know what to say.

- Yeah, hey, no one knows about this, so please do not tell anyone.

- Not even Brad Pitt?! -He asks panicking.

- Of course he does! He really knows and Court too, but I think no one else does, but it doesn’t matter because it happened like ten years ago...

- And... you know why you didn't have it? Did they say anything?

- No... I was told it could happen... but I'm scared, because when I broke up with Brad and started going out with Vince, things were going great, so we tried but it didn't work... I mean, we didn’t use... that, and yet... nothing...

- Don’t worry Jen... Now I'm the future father, okay? This will work, I promise. - He approaches her and kisses her on the nose; she smiles and stands up.

- Do you want to invite people to come over? - Asks Justin while getting up from the couch and going to pick up the phone, he is freaking out, he lied to her, he hasn't even thought about having children, he just wants to make her happy, but what happens if it fails? What if his sperm is not right for her? What if she gets pregnant and has another miscarriage?

He gets on the phone, talks to everyone, and hangs up.

- Justin, did you hear what I said? - Jen is getting closer to him.

- What? What? No... Come again? – He's so nervous.

- What happened? - Asks Jen surprised.

- Nothing, I just called them to come, they’ll be here in like half an hour. - He turns to go to the terrace.

- You don’t want kids, right? - Justin stops walking and looks down. - I want to have children. - She continues. He turns around to looks at Jen.- But I'm scared. - She finishes.

- No, Jen... I'm literally scared, like... ugh...- He can't finish his sentence. Jen approaches him and hugs him.

- I'm scared too, but I've wanted them for almost twenty years now, I've been trying for twenty years, and all I've gotten has been screwing up with every guy in different ways, and now that I've fallen for you, which is shit because we are total polar opposites, I think I'm ready, fully prepared, but I won’t want to if you don’t.